Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over a month ago these light came on and after reading several post I changed the speed sensors and back track the fuses and relays and nothing was wrong. I also noticed that once I put My Nitro on 4x4 it was blinking but never engaged. My cruise control does not engage as well. Ive already put on the scanner and do not get any codes for the drive terrian. Has anyone else encountered this issue??

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,142 Posts
Cruise will not work with any dash warning lights on.
When you tried 4x4 were you rolling or stationary? Usually I will change the switch when stopped, then if it flashes I will roll a little forward or back.
A lot of scanners will not read ABS codes. I had to pick up a special one so I could read mine when I was had a bad sensor.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cruise will not work with any dash warning lights on.
When you tried 4x4 were you rolling or stationary? Usually I will change the switch when stopped, then if it flashes I will roll a little forward or back.
A lot of scanners will not read ABS codes. I had to pick up a special one so I could read mine when I was had a bad sensor.
I put it in 4x4 while stationary but did not hear it switch over. but I tried it in an off road area that i ended up getting stuck cause only the rear driver wheel was engaged. Even after getting pulled out. the 4x4 light just kept flashing. once I turned it off the light would stay off. The ABS and Traction control wont even register on a snap-on scanner.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,142 Posts
I got a fairly low priced FOXWELL NT630 SRS scanner on Amazon that will read the ABS codes.
Not the most intuitive scanner, but it works.

When you switch to 4x4 can you hear the actuator trying to move?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,142 Posts
The actuator is held in with 2 bolts. Loosen those and pull it out. Then see if it moves when switched.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts