Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2007 Nitro that the AC compressor has died. The compressor was working fine and cooling the car great. I have used a volt/ohm meter to confirm there is a "break" in the wiring behind the pulley. No voltage is getting to the clutch. My question is can the clutch mechanism be replaced with out having to get a new compressor. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Sloan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[.="sloan5952, post: 332026, member: 19881"]
My wife has a 2007 Nitro that the AC compressor has died. The compressor was working fine and cooling the car great. I have used a volt/ohm meter to confirm there is a "break" in the wiring behind the pulley. No voltage is getting to the clutch. My question is can the clutch mechanism be replaced with out having to get a new compressor. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Sloan
[/QUOTE]
Thanks I think this might be something I can do. I will need to remove the plastic coolant overflow tank to access the front of the compressor. Thanks again.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Welcome to the forum @sloan5952. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

What engine do you have?
The 4.0, and 3.7 used different compressors. On only the 3.7 can you remove the clutch from the compressor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum @sloan5952. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

What engine do you have?
The 4.0, and 3.7 used different compressors. On only the 3.7 can you remove the clutch from the compressor.
It is the 3.7. Why would Dodge use a compressor (4.0) that can't be serviced?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi mate I have a 3.7 Nitro
I have tried to change my clutch on my compressor it lasted 2 days

I ended up buying a new compressor of a Store called Repco here in Australia, it was not as Expensive as I thought under $400
And got a guy from market place to remove fit and re gas
And he only charged me $180 AUD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts