Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 Nitro the AC has quit working most of the time. The compressor clutch will engage for a couple seconds then disengage. I hooked gauges to the system, jumped clutch directly to battery and it engages and the pressures are normal for the outside temp. It will cool while doing this. Also I checked the voltage coming to the compressor with the connector disconnected and it is about .8V below battery voltage. The wiring diagram shows it is controlled thru the TIPM. Also when I go to high blower the blower stops. Anyone have a clue?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,997 Posts
Resistor for the blower, its behind the glove box.
Any Dash warning lights on? Does your temp gauge work right?

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I changed the switch assembly that has the 3 controls and I now have all blower speeds. I also changed the evaporator temp sensor but still compressor will not come on except for a couple seconds. I am beginning to think the Tipm needs reset.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,997 Posts
If it comes on then shuts off. it sounds like is it either low, to full, or there is a blockage. Maybe another problem...
What PSI are you getting on both sides? Also need outside temp at the time...
Is your dash outside temp reading correctly? Is your engine temp running where is should be on the dash?

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pressures are good. 91 degrees outside temp with my digital thermocouple temp guage which is accurate (been tested for accuracy). Low pressure 45-52 psi, high 250-275. According to rpm. Engine temp is normal. I have worked on ac’s most of my life and this one puzzles me.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,997 Posts
Maybe just a tad high on the low side. @ 90° Low should be 30-40, High should be 250 to 350 .
How clean are the condenser fins?
Is your outside temp reading correctly on the dash? Is your engine temp running where it should be on the dash?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts