Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does it seem as if the compressor is running all the time? I drive home from work about 20 miles or so and when I pull in my driveway water is dripping like crazy from under the truck. Temp has been around 60 to 70 and I run the controls on vent and all cold, the AC button is not pushed in. The AC does work and gets cold when I push in the button, and turns back to regular temp when I shut it off. When I pull up and put truck in park the motor clicks off and on like the compressor is running but it is not pushed in. My shop thinks it has an auto feature to reduce humidity in the cab so it would drip condensation as such?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
The A/C compressor will automatically engage when the mode control is set in any Mix to Defrost position. This is done to help reduce fogging of the front windows by removing humidity from the conditioned air prior to it coming into contact with the windows.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.