Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So over the weekend my AC low pressure port blew out... I replaced the valve stem, then vacuum pumped it for an hour and recharged the system with 18oz of R135a (as noted in the most recent TSB for the AC system) and just wanted to ask about what temp should I expect out of the vents? With my IR temp gun I'm getting 20.6F out of the center vents. I'm curious if this is actually too cold? I dont want to break something later on down the road. Any thoughts or insights would be awesome.

Attachments

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,657 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty happy with that temp though, what would make you say there maby a problem with that sensor? Id have thought if I wasnt getting cold enough then id check that. I will say I do have a heater core issue I believe... Ive flushed it 2 times already and it will work for a short bit when I do need heat but then just blows outside air temp at me. I'm leaning towards replacing the heater core now.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,657 Posts
If the A/C blows to cold, the evaporator can freeze up condensate on the fins. Then you get no/little air thru it and warm air into the cab.
The sensor is supposed to turn off the A/C compressor if the evaporator gets to cold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts