Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Do you like the light modification under the hood?

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a flexible Daytime Running Lights strip just under the hood line in the seam . Really bright at night . They also work as blinker lights and flash yellow when turning . It’s an interesting mod I thought I’d share. Let me know what you think and you want the amazon link for the strips I used and where to connect.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Solidmental never seen that mod on a Nitro before, a night time pic would be great,
a few members have done the rear stop light which runs the full length of the bottom of the tailgate (in the gap between the the tailgate and the bumper) also looks cool,

i have my halo rings as DRL's, i wired them to the ignition, so they come on day or night, i don't think they are bright enough to trouble other road users,

But DRL's are supposed to dim when you switch on the vehicles headlights,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Solidmental never seen that mod on a Nitro before, a night time pic would be great,
a few members have done the rear stop light which runs the full length of the bottom of the tailgate (in the gap between the the tailgate and the bumper) also looks cool,

i have my halo rings as DRL's, i wired them to the ignition, so they come on day or night, i don't think they are bright enough to trouble other road users,

But DRL's are supposed to dim when you switch on the vehicles headlights,
I wired my halos and the daytimes to the M7 fuse which powers the dc power outlet (cigarette lighter) moving that fuse to the other position allows the outlet to stay hot while the vehicle is off and plugging the hot to the open spot when moving the fuse over turns the halos and the DTR lights on when the key is in the ignition.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,883 Posts
Cool mod! 👍
Not legal here In Wa State. To bright for DRl with no pattern control.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They aren't as bright as they seem in the picture, the fog lights are actually brighter, and checked my friend at the Sheriff's Dept... here in Florida they are legal as long as they are not reducing other drivers vision. Since they are non directional and not blinding to others they are fine here. Not sure about other states. The only thing left I'll be doing to the front is probably adding matte black to the risers on the hood or maybe carbon fiber, I'll have to see how they look. I was going to add a black bull guard, but we will so. I do like these lights

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These are the strips I used, very easy to install. I used 16 guage wire for the ACC red connection and ran it to the M7 fuse slot that I pictured above. If you dont want to have your cigarette lighter outlet hot all the time, I suggest using this tap for it. Amazon.com: Fuse Holder 10 Pack, LDOPTO 12V Car Add-a-circuit Fuse TAP Adapter Mini ATM APM Blade inline fuse block kit TAP Adapter inline fuses automotive jumper box switch blades for Cars Trucks Boats: Automotive . I used 18 guage wire for the turn signal and ground connections (yellow and black)

·
Registered
56 Posts
These are the strips I used, very easy to install. I used 16 guage wire for the ACC red connection and ran it to the M7 fuse slot that I pictured above. If you dont want to have your cigarette lighter outlet hot all the time, I suggest using this tap for it. Amazon.com: Fuse Holder 10 Pack, LDOPTO 12V Car Add-a-circuit Fuse TAP Adapter Mini ATM APM Blade inline fuse block kit TAP Adapter inline fuses automotive jumper box switch blades for Cars Trucks Boats: Automotive . I used 18 guage wire for the turn signal and ground connections (yellow and black)
Lookin good. Nice mod.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,883 Posts
It is a cool Mod.
Wa is just strange about lights. My rack lights are not allowed here without a black-out cover, or a yellow lens on them(no other colors allowed). They are to high off the ground to have a white light, even if not "on".:rolleyes:
Exception being first responder's and tow trucks.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Looks good!!! Just want the fogs to match lol. Need white bulbs! Nice mod nonetheless

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool mod! 👍
Not legal here In Wa State. To bright for DRl with no pattern control.
I did realize something as a work around. If you have fog lights you can connect them to the wiring for that or a little more creative. The M6 Outlet #2 Accessory fuse which controls the AC outlet to the rear has an activation button on the console, you could connect to that and control them that way with the existing push button without having to install a dedicated toggle switch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts