Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided after A week it was time to remove the centre accessory panel and hide all the cables for my Sirius Starmate. Removal of the panel was not too difficult. ;)
1. There are 2 screws in the tray above the centre Acc. Panel. Remove those
2. just pull straight up (takes a fair bit of force) there are 4 clips holding it in place.
3. Next grasp the panel by the airvents and pull straight out. This willl pop out the 2 clips on top.
4. Then move down the panel and continue to pull outward. (recommend put the truck in drive to move the shifter out of the way).
5. once you have it all loose you can disconnet the wiring from the Heater control unit, Switch bank and the APO.

That was the most difficult part of the job. I dont recommend this or is this a comprensive description of how to do it but just some info I learned from trying this out.

I was able to connect the power source directly to the back of the APO and run the antenna wire behind the Acc panel. I made a small hole in the bottom of the tray and routed the wires through it.
Now it looks a lot neater. :D

There maybe some questions why I did this.......first I love to customize and make any Vehicle I have unique. (reason I joined the forum)....second I had the radio already and a year subscription plus did not get the option when I got the truck.

Comments Welcomed

·
NitroZ is the place to be!!!
1,459 Posts
I just renewed my Sirius subscription this past Monday. As a renewal bonus I was informed that I could get the Playboy Channel for free! So I said, "Oh Cool!" And the lady on the phone was like "hehehehe, I guess I don't need to ask you if you WANT it then!" I said, "Nope!"

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will see what I can do about pictures.
Also if you dont have sat radio I think it is a must...best entertainment when driving/commuting. I will have to see about that Playboy channel.....need to know what gets measured:SHOCKED: LOL.

I also am investigating in making the top tray into a flip up display or to mount my sat radio in it. That way it can hide when parked or not using it.
I did that on my Mazda 6 in the coin tray.. was real cool...but I traded it for this Nitro ...way cooler :Racing:

I will keep you all informed on the progress

PS great Forum

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually using the AUX in option so it is direct connect...much better sound with no cross over station interference. It is easy to hide the wires behind the Ceter Accessory panel. Will try for some pictures tomorrow

·
Registered
74 Posts
I actually using the AUX in option so it is direct connect...much better sound with no cross over station interference. It is easy to hide the wires behind the Ceter Accessory panel. Will try for some pictures tomorrow
I too want to hardwire my Sirius Replay and have a couple of very specific questions for you.

1. How big of a "small hole" did you have to drill to rought the wires?
2. What is APO? Duh! Auxillary Power Outlet.
3. When you connected power to it, did you just run direct the power source or did you install an in-line fuse? My thought is to install a female cig lighter adater behide the dash however I'm unsure if there is a place to ground to.
4. The AUX in option you used. Are you refering to the AUX in on the front of the HU or did you use some sort of auxillary input adapter? Could there possiblby in AUX input jack in the back?

Well more than a couple.

Thanks

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok so I will try see If I can answer the questions

1. I used a 3/8 drill in the corner (back right side) of the upper tray. Slightly elongated to get the head of the attenna wire through.

2. You figured it out .... ;) LOL

3.This was a littel more tricky, I Spliced into the APO Wiring (get +/- correct) after I cut off the End of the Cig. Lighter adapter of the Sat Radio power cord. So In Doing this you could also hook up another APO and Plug straight to it. Should be enough room behind the panel once re-installed.

4. If you can see the picture I ran the Aux cable along the other side behind the panel again and fed it through the hole in the tray.

This kept everything neat and tidy with out wires running every where.

OK you wont see a picture could not get it uploaded try again tomorrow:confused:

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
I wonder if there is a way to connect into the back of the AUX port, so you don't have a wire coming around the front.:thk:

I'm no wiring expert, so someone else will have to figure this out.
If the back has the proper connections, which it should, it would be no problem to do...Someone just needs to take their headunit out and take some good pictures of it :p

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will take out my head unit today and get some pics and see what connections are available. :D

If it has aux in at the back that will be very sweet but I will have to see how it works when andif you connect into the front jackwith it connected on the back.

I will see what happens and let you guys/girls? know;)

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
I will take out my head unit today and get some pics and see what connections are available. :D

If it has aux in at the back that will be very sweet but I will have to see how it works when andif you connect into the front jackwith it connected on the back.

I will see what happens and let you guys/girls? know;)
:woohoo: nothing like some thanksgiving car work :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I did what I could but did not find an additional AUX connection at the rear of the head unit. :mad:

I pulled the it right out of the Nitro into my kitchen table. I even took off the front control panel off the unit. I could pull the AUX connect out of the front plate but did not help with anything. It is connected by a ribbon connector to the unit.

So for me I got a different wire connector with a 90 deg bend in it so that it did not stick out so far.

I am still having issues with pic uploads but will keep working on it to show what I have pics of:confused:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.