Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The old truck is in the sick bay yet again. This time we have a shopping list of jobs to do鈥t just doesn鈥檛 get any better 馃槀

I guess 169,000 miles on the clock has a lot to do with it.
  1. Power steering oil cooler weeping - replacement
  2. Oil pressure sensor gone bad again - weeping oil through body of sensor
  3. When up on the lift noticed oil pan looking badly rusted, a big chunk of rust came off by prying with finger nail - replacement oil pan and gasket
  4. AC packed in some time back - diagnosis clutch and coil gone bad - compressor seems ok
  5. Front differential rear mounting gone bad - replacement part
  6. Front lower ball joints excessive play - replacement parts
Getting all this done whilst it鈥檚 on the lift.

finding parts has been a real challenge with many parts coming from the USA and having to wait a long time.

my question here is regarding the AC compressor. The existing unit is the original OEM part 55111406AC (HS-18). I鈥檓 hoping I can get away with just replacing the clutch kit assembly, but researched the net it appears the Mopar clutch kit is twice the price of an aftermarket compressor. It seems the Denso 471-6048 is the nearest to my OEM unit.

- has anyone fitted a Denso unit?

- what鈥檚 the view on aftermarket compressors?

this is all stage 1 of my extensive restoration list of all the jobs that need doing. Why am I bothering I here you shout鈥os I can鈥檛 bear to be parted from the second love of my life which hopefully means the two of us will end our days together.

鈥f lack of parts doesn鈥檛 force the issue sooner 馃槥

Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
The old truck is in the sick bay yet again. This time we have a shopping list of jobs to do鈥t just doesn鈥檛 get any better 馃槀

I guess 169,000 miles on the clock has a lot to do with it.
  1. Power steering oil cooler weeping - replacement
  2. Oil pressure sensor gone bad again - weeping oil through body of sensor
  3. When up on the lift noticed oil pan looking badly rusted, a big chunk of rust came off by prying with finger nail - replacement oil pan and gasket
  4. AC packed in some time back - diagnosis clutch and coil gone bad - compressor seems ok
  5. Front differential rear mounting gone bad - replacement part
  6. Front lower ball joints excessive play - replacement parts
Getting all this done whilst it鈥檚 on the lift.

finding parts has been a real challenge with many parts coming from the USA and having to wait a long time.

my question here is regarding the AC compressor. The existing unit is the original OEM part 55111406AC (HS-18). I鈥檓 hoping I can get away with just replacing the clutch kit assembly, but researched the net it appears the Mopar clutch kit is twice the price of an aftermarket compressor. It seems the Denso 471-6048 is the nearest to my OEM unit.

- has anyone fitted a Denso unit?

- what鈥檚 the view on aftermarket compressors?

this is all stage 1 of my extensive restoration list of all the jobs that need doing. Why am I bothering I here you shout鈥os I can鈥檛 bear to be parted from the second love of my life which hopefully means the two of us will end our days together.

鈥f lack of parts doesn鈥檛 force the issue sooner 馃槥
I just replaced my A/C Compressor Clutch on my 3.7L OEM compressor Part was ordered off eBay and has been working great! I replaced it back in May.
The one I purchased was by Cooltech for $70 and is no longer listed :\
I did however find this one (which is exactly like mine), same brand and price. Just go to eBay and look up (265113408301) listing number, it should be the only thing that comes up.
Hope this helps!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks buddy, I also read through your post on replacing the clutch 馃憤

I managed to find the same CoolTech clutch kit you bought, from an eBay seller 鈥渃oldfusioncarparts鈥 in Florida. Says it will only fit HS-18 original ac comp.

fingers crossed it arrives in good time across the pond to the U.K. and does the job.

as the Nitro is now only my weekend ride, the Jag e-pace is taking the mileage (find it boring beyond belief). This hopefully means I can spend time and money on restoring the Nitro to its former glory.

Reactions: Patrick Lang

Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
Thanks buddy, I also read through your post on replacing the clutch 馃憤

I managed to find the same CoolTech clutch kit you bought, from an eBay seller 鈥渃oldfusioncarparts鈥 in Florida. Says it will only fit HS-18 original ac comp.

fingers crossed it arrives in good time across the pond to the U.K. and does the job.

as the Nitro is now only my weekend ride, the Jag e-pace is taking the mileage (find it boring beyond belief). This hopefully means I can spend time and money on restoring the Nitro to its former glory.
Just an FYI鈥. Do not over-tighten the center bolt on the compressor. Try to torque it to spec. I broke mine off (didn鈥檛 look up the torq spec before doing the install) and luckily it wasn鈥檛 really hard to remove. I ended up having to reuse my original bolt. Also, i reused the original shim that was on the compressor. The clutch kit comes with two different shims

1 - 4 of 4 Posts