Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to add aftermarket cruise control to my 2010 Dodge Nitro. I have found an OEM unit that seems to be the right thing. Has anyone add aftermarket cruise themselves?? What all is involved? It seems from what I have read cutting the hole is the hardest part. But can anyone with experience tell me what to expect?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,483 Posts
We have had several members add OEM cruise DIY. The programming is already in the computers and the wires are already in the steering wheel that need the small cruise harness clicked into.
The hard part is the hole, removing the steering wheel, and airbag.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking to add aftermarket cruise control to my 2010 Dodge Nitro. I have found an OEM unit that seems to be the right thing. Has anyone add aftermarket cruise themselves?? What all is involved? It seems from what I have read cutting the hole is the hardest part. But can anyone with experience tell me what to expect?
I added one to mine, the kit came with the switch for the steering wheel and all the witing. On mine it turned out all I needed was the switch the rest of the harness was already there so all I had to do was get the air bag off, cut out the notch in the side of the steering wheel (which was marked out already), bolt it in and plug it in to the connector, and reassemble, it even turns on the word cruise in the dash when turned on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I added one to mine, the kit came with the switch for the steering wheel and all the witing. On mine it turned out all I needed was the switch the rest of the harness was already there so all I had to do was get the air bag off, cut out the notch in the side of the steering wheel (which was marked out already), bolt it in and plug it in to the connector, and reassemble, it even turns on the word cruise in the dash when turned on.
Very nice thank you !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts