Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I have a 08 nitro and living up north the rust finally got the best of my exhaust. parts just continue to fall off and inspection is coming. Either I buy all stock or is there any aftermarket setups available? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought the MagnaFlow cat-back exhaust 16702. It's 100% stainless steel, and should last a lot longer than a cheap aluminized replacement exhaust. I just got it, and haven't installed yet, so I can't tell you how it sounds, but it looks really nice.

Hott Exhaust has a 20% off sale going on right now, with free shipping:
Magnaflow 16702 | Dodge Nitro | 3.7L,4.0L | Stainless Performance Exhaust System

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just replaced my exhaust system with a stock replacement system for three reasons. First is the cost. You can get a good stock system at your local parts store or on line. Second is ease of installation. Third I use hearing aids and a loud exhaust drives me nuts! If you want a system that will last a long time you can get a good stainless steel system that lasts forever.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Another option is the Dynomax 39475 listed here for $310. ($347 everywhere else it's listed)
I was looking at the Dynomax, but wasn't sure if the pipe was stainless steel. The description clearly states that the muffler is stainless steel. It doesn't really say if the piping is.

I was using Walker replacement exhausts on my last vehicle, and that stuff rusted out every 4-5 years. I finally got a Walker stainless steel muffler one time, but all the piping, and resonator, and muffler strap, still rusted out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts