Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I understand that to install a aftermarket stereo into my nitro, I need to get a fancy adapter to run a direct plug and play and said adapter is about $100. Now I understand that the problem is that the factory stereo doesn't have an ACC wire so there for when you use the adapter, you then have an ACC wire...correct? Can't I just buy a harness adapter for the sole purpose of all the wires but the ACC wire and just run a wire from the cig lighter for my ACC wire?

I'm sure this has been discussed but when I google this for my buddy
"05 dodge dakota aftermarket deck", they seem to have the same problem we have and this seems like a cheap and efficient way to get an aftermarket stereo into my nitro without spending a fortune on a harness.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
424 Posts
to answer your question i need some info from u. do u have the premium infinity system or just the basic audio setup? if you have the basic setup like i did u can simply purchase the $10 harness to wire your radio and then run the ACC wire to the cigarette lighter or your fuse box, i ran mine to the fuse box. now if u have the infinity setup with factory amps u WILL need this adapter http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18010_PAC-C2R-CHY4-C2R-CHY4v1.html. why? bc this harness turns on the factory amps via canbus and allows everything to work flawlessly while allowing u to enjoy an aftermarket radio. this harness WILL come with a dedicated ACC wire to allow the radio to turn off once the key is removed from the ignition. u DO NOT need to run a separate wire for the ACC if you purchase the PAC harness. i have the infinity setup in my 2011 jeep liberty jet and had to purchase the PAC harness for everything to work flawlessly and i must say that having the ACC wire as part of the harness makes it a lot easier and saves time by not having to run a separate wire and tap into an accessory power source. hope this helps

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as i kniw, my stereo is just the basic option. I dont believe theres an amp and its a single disc deck an no "uconnect available"

·
Registered
424 Posts
As far as i kniw, my stereo is just the basic option. I dont believe theres an amp and its a single disc deck an no "uconnect available"
then u probably just have the basic setup as i did on my nitro. if u so choose u can just purchase a cheap harness and then run a separate wire to tap into an ACC source so the radio turns off when the key is not in the ignition.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,142 Posts
:w00t:
Very excited for you!
Looking forward to the outcome! :smileup:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm hoping for the best! My work schedule this week is different from usual so I will have this afternoon to install it!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DRUM ROOOLLLLLLL1!!!!!!111!! Install went awesome! There were no instructions but this wasn't my first rodeo so everything went pretty smooth. The only thing I had a tiny tiny tiny issue with was the way that was suggested to tap into the ACC wire. At the end, I just cut the wire and tapped in. So...here's the pics!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Btw, with the New deck installed, the system has a lot more bass and just overall sounds a lot more bada$$!! I was about to jump into getting some speakers and an amp but I'm starting to reconsider since the system really doesnt need it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That's awesome Ned! It makes sense, while the OEM amps have some really good features like time adjustments, eq's, etc. The models without them really do benefit with the better and cleaner signals of aftermarket decks. Glad you like it brotha, enjoy.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea, I'm truly surprised how loud it is. When I have it just above half volume, the db feel like I have a 12" or a pair of 10" speakers. I'm happy with it, I suggest to everyone the advantages of an aftermarket decks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ned

You need to post some gallery pics pretty quick bro, you're a nominee for NOTM!! But you gotta have gallery pics uploaded.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Much appreciate the comments folks. I'll get some gallery photos up this weekend. Need to get some more pics taken soon.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,142 Posts
It looks great. :rep:
You guys think I should make a "HOW-TO" for this install?
YES!
I think this would make it easier for others interested in installing an after market deck!
I was wondering how you did the wiring.
Write it up with lots of Pics!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts