Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think most of the Nitros come with the factory tint on all the windows besides the front 2. Has anyone went out and got them all redone alot darker or just the front 2 done??

Ive never owned a vehicle with so many windows and was wondering if anyone went LIMO or near it. I have always had LIMO here in FL, but might shy away from it with all these windows and Hawaii 5-0 lurking. :cowb:

· Registered
413 Posts
the factory tint is pretty much equivelant to what the aftermarket shops list as 20%tint

if you wanted to go darker then you would have to go to limo tint

i live in michigan and window tint on the front driver and passanger windows (along with the windshield) is illegal...stupid michigan.....

i plan to do the nitro front windows (not windshield) in 35% tint (lighter then the rear). i have done all my jeeps my SRT-4 and dodge trucks that way and the cops have never bothered me

you may want to go 20% on the front windows and that would match the factory tint on the rears

· Registered
1,254 Posts
I think most of the Nitros come with the factory tint on all the windows besides the front 2. Has anyone went out and got them all redone alot darker or just the front 2 done??

Ive never owned a vehicle with so many windows and was wondering if anyone went LIMO or near it. I have always had LIMO here in FL, but might shy away from it with all these windows and Hawaii 5-0 lurking. :cowb:

I had limo done on the back and 35% on front windows (not windshield).

· Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
You'll be surprised how much it will darken up just by even using the factory light tint to the front side windows... or deep tint to the rear hatch. As you block light anywhere it really shows up all around. I personally wouldn't go more than 20-35% because for me it makes it a little hard to see out well at night. Besides that the heat can make an issue out of it if they're lookin' for an excuse to pull ya over.
Some like it darker though. :cool:

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That dark dark tint looks awesome! :Banana01:

I am shying away from the limo in the front for a couple reasons.

1. This is actually the Mrs.'s vehicle but I drive it all the time because she likes to be chauffered. But when Im not with her, I dont want her to have visual problems at night.

2. The po-po pulling me over and ticketing me for the damn tint.

It looks great though real dark..especially on the white that we have. Hmmmmmmmmmmm... :thk:

· Registered
96 Posts
I don't know what I'm gonna do! On all of my previous cars I've done 35% but the 20% looks really nice since it matches the back! Hmmm... I'll have to think about it. It's illegal here in Iowa too - seems that cops in the big city here don't really seem to worry about it that much lol In the town I grew up in tho they were terrible - nothing better to do with their time! :-Þ Anyway I am excited to get the tint done! I'm also planning on getting a 20% strip across the top of the windshield since the Nitro doesn't give much for the sun lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.