Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for help with my airbag light.. keeps turning on and off on the dash.. just got the tipm reprogrammed thought that would help... tried disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes or so and still nothing.. I took a look under the seats without touching anything and I couldn’t see anything visible..

any suggestions.?

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
do you think there is a connection between turning the steering wheel and the light coming on ?, maybe the clockspring !!!.

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
maybe with the engine running and you are sitting still, try turning the steering wheel slightly into different positions and see if the ABS light goes on and off.

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will come on even when driving straight on highways or even just sitting in the one position..

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,301 Posts
Just so we know for sure, it is the airbag light we are talking about, not the passenger airbag off light?

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,301 Posts
Unfortunately, without a Code we are just stabbing in the dark.
The airbag light can come on if there is any issues detected within the airbag system. Not just with the airbag.

Reactions: Vaughan

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No issues with battery so far. Everything seems to be fine other than a " miss fire " and my air bag light.

I'll be taking my vehicle to get scanned to see what codes come up on Tuesday hopefully.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome Vaughan! You may want to check with dealer. There was a head restraint recall on some models. The sensor is underneath the console, so you need to empty it so they can remove to install new one! They fixed mine free of charge, however it took a couple days to get part. Hopefully this is your issue. My light was on too, thought it had something to do with lift I added. Good luck. it solved my problem on that!

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,301 Posts
Welcome Vaughan! You may want to check with dealer. There was a head restraint recall on some models. The sensor is underneath the console, so you need to empty it so they can remove to install new one! They fixed mine free of charge, however it took a couple days to get part. Hopefully this is your issue. My light was on too, thought it had something to do with lift I added. Good luck. it solved my problem on that!
This is a great thought, but the 07 does not have active headrests.
Do you recollect the recall # ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yep, sorry mine is '11. Invoice shows Update TIPM and replace ORC. Recall N38. FP# CBB2N387-aa Module OCCU 0803503-Warranty=0 Charge. That's evrything I got. Hope it helps! 2 diff shops told me air bag issues has to go to dealer due to liability they would incur.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,301 Posts
Great! Thanks @Nitroman11.
I was hoping this was not a new one. We have that one listed in the recall section of the forum.

Reactions: Nitroman11
1 - 15 of 15 Posts