Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2007 SXT when I turn on the AC the compressor the clutch will only momentary engage (maybe 2 seconds) then won't come back on. Inside blower has all speeds. I disconnected the compressor plug and jumped compressor to battery. Clutch engages and I get cold air inside. I checked the freon level and pressures are as supposed to be.

·
Registered
07’ SLT 4x4 Lifted, 3.7 auto
815 Posts
had same issue before. There is a low pressure switch. this could be bad...OR in my case, i was just so low in freon that the pressure switch wouldnt let the clutch engage. Gassed it up, worked fine. Check your charge before opening the system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
had same issue before. There is a low pressure switch. this could be bad...OR in my case, i was just so low in freon that the pressure switch wouldnt let the clutch engage. Gassed it up, worked fine. Check your charge before opening the system.
Freon level was first thing I checked. I checked it (using guages as I have worked my own and family AC for many years)when I jumpered the compressor to the battery.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I replaced the pressure switch but no change. Don’t need to release freon as it has a shrader valve. I did notice that the compressor comes on for a couple seconds then off and back on the off total 3 times then stays off until shut down andcrestart then same thing. I found another thread discussing the evap temp sensor and resitances at different temps. I checked mine and instead of around 1800-2200 ohms I am getting less than 100. I am ordering a sensor today. Also TIPM may be locking it out after 3 tries. I also tried resetting the TIPM per several videos on youtube but didn't help either. I don’t have a clue about it’s logic. I hate the TIPM system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts