Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Airbag Light Comes On When Turning.

4K views 16 replies 3 participants last post by  Scar0 
#1 ·
So I think I am going to change out a new clock spring this weekend... Any ideas? I think it is causing the airbag light to come on when turning....

#3 ·
Well I have a new clockspring so i will replace it also while i am at it... =)

#4 ·
Center the steering wheel before replacing the clock-spring. Do not move the steering shaft until the job is complete!
A KK Libby owner had this same problem, and solution on another forum recently.

#5 ·
ok so what are the letters for? KK? is that like JK, TJ on wranglers? does nitro have them?

#6 ·
Yes. Just as the Jeep models have letter classification (JK, TJ, etc.), the Jeep Liberty (KK) is the sister vehicle to the Dodge Nitro. The Nitro classification is the "KA". The primary difference in the Liberty vs. Nitro is in the suspension components. The KK has a more off-road (rough ride) suspension design, and the KA has more of a (soft ride) street design suspension. Both are fully capable of off-road though.

Reactions: Scar0
#8 ·
KK is the letter designation is for the second Gen of the KJ Libby. But the 2 have very little in common.
The funny thing about the KK and KA is the KA came first by 1 year. That would make the KK the little brother. ;)
Little known facts:
OEM the KA has better ground clearance, but the KK has better approach angle. KA and KK spring rates are the same.(A KK lift, fits and works on a KA) Front and rear diffs are the same, Axles and prop shafts are not. KA wheel base and width is larger then the KK. 80-90% of the body/lighting wiring and computer programming is the same. The 3.7 and 2.8CRD, and matching tranys are identical on both.
KK had no 4.0 V6 option. KA does not have a 2 speed X-fer case. The KK 2 speed X-fer case will not work in a KA. Only the 07 KA offered a manual trany option, only the 08 KK offered the same manual trany option.
None of the body parts are interchangeable. KK is a smaller rig.:rolleyes:

#10 ·
Well dam I have the wrong clock spring .. Any one have the part number for it?

One I bought does not have the esp bas plug ....
:mad:
07 4.0 RT

#11 ·
Original # 2007 68003216AA
New # according to our vendor's web site is 5156106AD

Replaces: 68000477AA, 5156106AA, 5156106AB, 5156106AC, 68003216AA, 68003216AB, 68003216AC, 68003216AD, 68003216AE, 68003216AF, 68003216AG, 68003216AH

What part # did you order?

#13 ·
Just found the honey hole! Found an RT at the salvage yard hell yes! Got window regulator and clock spring for 60.00 and pocketed a ton of lost screws :)

Reactions: Metaldog
#15 ·
All is good with RT now no check engine lights! Its only been 2 years since they came on. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.