Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I wasn't even aware I had an alarm but the last 2 days the "alarm" goes off by it self. I put the key in the ignition and that does not stop it. I have to wait for it to run its course. I had to pull out the horn fuses so it wouldn't wake my neighbors.

The battery is 1 year old.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening? Could it be the dumb ass key?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello.

I wasn't even aware I had an alarm but the last 2 days the "alarm" goes off by it self. I put the key in the ignition and that does not stop it. I have to wait for it to run its course. I had to pull out the horn fuses so it wouldn't wake my neighbors.

The battery is 1 year old.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening? Could it be the dumb ass key?

Please let me know.

Thanks.
it could very well be the key

You may want to change the battery in the key. It's a pretty cheap fix to start with! I had this issue on my Ford Ranger and changing the battery did the trick.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,459 Posts
Any other things happening? Like the wipers moving on their own?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
doors ,tailgate or hood not closing properly.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,459 Posts
A motion activated light, IE on your garage, can set off the alarm.
We have also had a couple members with bad Key fobs that were self activating...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A motion activated light, IE on your garage, can set off the alarm.
We have also had a couple members with bad Key fobs that were self activating...
My POS wasn't anywhere near the garage. Any other reason why this would happen besides the key? I'll take the battery out of the key and call it a day. Damn....Dodge is not what they used to be. This Nitro is a giant pile of garbage. I had a Ford F150 that gave me almost no troubles for 10 years. This Nitro has cost me more in the last 3 years than my old truck ever did. I cant wait to get rid of it.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,459 Posts
Keep us posted on how things go with the fob battery removed.
Key in and rig started does not turn off the alarm when this happens?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,459 Posts
:cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update:

I just noticed that my outside temp reading is stuck @ 71. It hasn't moved in 2 days. Is there a battery in the dash board for the radio, radio clock and dash lights or do all these run off the main battery?

Please let me know, your expertise is always appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,459 Posts
Most things do not have their own battery.
Usually a Neg(-) battery disconnect will reset the computers if there is a glitch.
However, if you have a My-gig radio, pull the radio fuse out of the TIPM first, before you disconnect the battery, and put the fuse back in after you reconnect the battery. This prevents damage to the hard drive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HELP!!

Ok...the alarm is still going off and the dumb thing is I can start the fxxxx thing when its stuck in this malfunction.

Could it be ANYTHING else that one of you may know? I disconnected the battery and that didn't reset anything. Could it be a fuse or a relay of some sort?

HELP HELP HELP!!!

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,459 Posts
Are you sure it is an alarm? Do you have flashing a red dot on the gauge cluster when you lock the doors?
After market alarm?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts