Alarm Going Off After Locking Car - Uk

Discussion in 'Europe' started by GTUK, Oct 8, 2017.

1. GTUK

GTUK New Member

Vehicle:
    2.8 Nitro
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Inferno Red
    Hello All. I've had a UK 2.8 CRD diesel since 2010. Recently, about 1 to 3 minutes after locking the car using the key remote the alarm will sound. I can easily switch it off by unlocking the car, again using the key remote. There are no open door warnings on the dash and I've checked the hood/bonnet switch. All seem ok as are all other functions of the car. There are the interior ultrasonic detectors at the front and rear of the car, but I've not found any mention of these in any wiring diagram for the alarm. I also guess that the alarm has a voltage change detection system, but again I can find no information about this.

Has anyone come across this problem before or can anyone suggest where to look?

At the moment I'm locking the side doors manually and the alarm is not armed. But is there a way of manually locking the tailgate?

Thanks for any advice.

2. Scar0

Scar0 Khaki Nitro Nut Moderator Member Relations NOTM Winner!

Vehicle:
    07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Light Khaki Metallic
    There was another owner who had a similar problem a while back. Turned out to be an outdoor motion sensor activated light triggering the alarm.

You can manually lock the lift gate. But to do so, you have to remove the small access panel on the inside. It has clips on the bottom and tabs on the top (open from bottom, then slide it down to remove).
    Then you will have to reach down to get to the white knob to lock it.
    It is tough to get to, but can be done.
    Turn the white knob 1/16th turn counter clockwise. This will lock the locking mechanism.
    Alternately, you can use the lock button on the door to lock all the doors. Then open the drivers door manually push the lock pin and close the door.

3. GTUK

GTUK New Member

Vehicle:
    2.8 Nitro
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Inferno Red
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the alarm will go off the same wherever the car is parked. Thanks for the door lock suggestion - I'll try it until I can get the alarm fixed.

Scar0 likes this.
  4. Scar0

Vehicle:
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Light Khaki Metallic
    When the alarm goes off. Before you turn it off, take a quick look thru the window and see if there is an "Ajar" message on the cluster.

You can also take a look at the hood switch to see if there is any corrosion on it.
    If you have an aftermarket trailer plug, try disconnecting it from the OEM wires. I've seen them have a small internal short which can draw down the battery.
    One last suggestion, unplug anything connected to the Cig lighter socket.

5. GTUK

GTUK New Member

Vehicle:
    2.8 Nitro
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Inferno Red
    Thanks, but I've already tried all of those things several times. I'm taking the car to an auto electrician on Friday. I'll let you know what happens.

6. Scar0

Vehicle:
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Light Khaki Metallic
    Bummer it couldn't be an easy one.

7. Scar0

Vehicle:
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Light Khaki Metallic
    Hey GTUK, I found some maybe useful info...
    The motion detect feature of the intrusion module can be disabled by depressing the LOCK button on the key fob 3 times within 15 seconds during the arming sequence, (while the security light is still flashing fast). The alarm will make a single short siren chirp as confirmation that the motion detect disable request has been received.

Nitrogen likes this.
  8. Nitrogen

Nitrogen Well-Known Member NOTM Winner!

you could try a vehicle computer reset, disconnect the NEGATIVE battery terminal for 10 minutes then reconnect,
    or have your vehicle battery checked to make sure it is in good condition, the Nitro does not like a weak battery and can cause all kinds of electrical issues,
    visualy check the alarm sensor in the rear headliner is seated correctly (dont try moving it unless it looks like it has been knocked upwards into the headliner) as it comunicates with the front sensor,
    also make sure you have nothing hanging in the vehicle which could set off the motion sensor ( air freshners etc ).