Alarm Indicator Light

Discussion in 'Dodge Nitro Electrical Problems and Questions' started by Deen, Oct 12, 2017 at 7:19 AM.

1. Deen

Deen Well-Known Member NOTM Winner!

Vehicle:
    08 Nitro, 4X4 ,auto, 3.7L
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Black
    I was driving to work this morning and I started to hear an indicator tone as if an indicator light was going to come on. Currently my tire pressure light is on, but that only makes the tone when it first comes one.

I then look down at my dash in anticipation, and the security alarm system indicator light starts slowly blinking while the tone goes off simultaneously. I had to look in the manual to see what the light was as I've never seen a red dot light come on before.

First off, didn't even know I had an alarm, as I only have a basic key still.

Most importantly, what could this be? I'm pretty sure the alarm shouldn't be trying to arm while I'm driving.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Scar0

Scar0 Khaki Nitro Nut Moderator Member Relations NOTM Winner!

Vehicle:
    07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Light Khaki Metallic
    When I was testing some Cherokee tires/rims on my Nitro the TPMS would ding 4 times (1 for each missing tire) at start, then again 4 times about every 10-15 minutes. Made me crazy...:confused:
    I don't recall any other dash lights except the TPMS warning light flashing "in time" with the dings.

Did you go to Dodge and get a build sheet? That will tell you the options you have in your ride.
    LS9 = Thatcham Security Equipment
    LSA = Security Alarm
    LSC = Security Alarm

Alternately, you can go to Dodge.com and get an Options report. But it is not as detailed as a build sheet.

I have looked thru the manuals I have, and see no coloration between the TPMS warning system and the alarm light. Both utilize some of the same electronic system parts, but neither affects the other. (In theory)