Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to copy an iTunes Library to an SD car, and copy the related Artwork with each album?

I copied my Library (Windows 7) to an SD card and all I got was the music: no Art! The music played fine but the display was the generic music note. :(

I spoke with Apple Support last night and they told me that the only way to do this was to ciopy to another Apple device; such as an iPod. Is this true? Apple only supports Apple Products.

:cool:

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK. I have spent the past two nights, and many hours on the phone with Apple Support. I did find out that once the album artwork is copied into iTunes, it becomes an Apple proprietary file. Therefore, it will only copy to another Apple device. I went into Best Buy to look at iPods, and spoke to the Apple guru there, and he agreed that the files would only be copied to another Apple device. I do not want to spend $250.00 on an iPod if there will be issues with the Artwork displaying on the screen, instead of the generic music note in a gray box.

Here's the kicker: while on hold last night with Apple, I came up with the idea of loading a song onto my iPhone 5s to see if the artwork would display on the screen. The Apple Tech was very nice, and wanted to see how the process would work. She called me back on my land line and stepped me through the process. I tried to copy 1 song. When I got out to the car, I had 27 songs, from 3 of the Albums that I downloaded from iTunes in the past week or so. I plugged the phone into the radio; all the songs showed up on a list but only 1 of the 3 album's artwork displayed. The other two showed up as the generic music note. Again, these were downloaded from iTunes. She talked to many people at Apple, but no one had an answer. She gave me her contact information and told me to let me know if I make any progress.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The only way that I know to get album art onto the Mygig is with the actual CD's.

It does not work with a thumb drive or SD card. I found this from another forum.

album art from iTunes/iPod cannot be imported into the radio. If we want the album art, we have to load it from the original CD.

Let me know.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I downloaded 27 songs to my iPhone, directly from my iTunes library on my computer. These 27 songs happened to be ones that I purchased at the iTunes store. The list on my iPhone showed the Artwork from the 3 albums that the songs came from. Only 1 of the 3 album artworks showed up on the 8.4 Uconnect screen. They are no longer called Mygigs, and either come with Nav or not. Otherwise, no difference.

When I had my Nitro with the RBZ, I loaded all of my CDs directly to the hard drive; one by one. A long and tedious process! About 99% of the artwork copied with each CD.

The new 8.4 Uconnects have no hard drive. There is an SD slot, a CD slot, a powered USB port, and an AUX port. There is some memory for Favorite Artist or Song, but I don't know how much.

I went back to Best Buy today, as suggested by the Apple Tech, and spent about 1/2 hour talking to the Apple Guru. His only conclusion was that the Album Cover code on the 2 that did not show up on the screen was they were old files, that iTunes have not updated.

Out of curiosity, I put a CD from 1988 - original, not remastered - and the artwork displayed. So, I find his answer to old artwork files perplexing as the 2 albums whose art did not display are both a lot newer - both from the 90's, both directly downloaded from the iTunes Store. The artwork displays fine on my computer and phone; just not the 8.4 Uconnect.

I texted the Apple Support Tech, as she wanted to keep up with my progress, and she gave me the iTunes direct 800 number. I will call them tomorrow.

Since my iPhone will not hold all of my music, I will have to get an iPod. I am confident that 99% of the artwork should display because I have now loaded all of my CDs onto my iTunes library on my computer, and should copy to the iPod and thus display on the screen.

To be continued.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Wow, I just noticed you got rid of the Nitro! When was this?

I'm responding like it's your RBZ radio. :i_rolleyes:

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
609 Posts
About three weeks ago. With my failed back surgery, I found it harder and harder to climb up into the Nitro. Here is the link:

http://www.nitroforumz.com/showthread.php?t=41456

So, now you can fully understand my predicament with the artwork! LOL

Lol

I understand with your back. We have discussed that before. Mine is still the same except my ROM is getting worse. I'm dreading the day when I need surgery. I'm sorry for your troubles and hope the new ride helps.

Sorry I'm not familiar with the 8.4 yet.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was on the phone again with Apple Support last night for about an hour. We determined it to be a Dodge problem, so I sent Dodge an email via my owner's page log in. No reply yet. Since this is so involved, I may have to call them.

On the 8.4, there is a soft key under Audio: Music Info Cleanup. It is either on or off. I checked. Mine is on. It works with Gracenotes. I'm going to turn it off tomorrow and see what happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.