Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting for months on pulling the trigger on an Nitro R/T. Mainly I have been waiting on the availablity of the MyGig system. I read yesterday in another thread about the possible delay AGAIN in the MyGig because of a supplier issue. I was pretty frustrated after I found that out so I went in search of alernatives. Vehicles and headunits. Some of you are aware of this new unit but some probably are not. So I wanted to post some info for others who are in the same boat as me.

Pioneer is coming out with their Avic -D3 unit in mid to late February with a 1000.00 price tag. (Way under what the factory part for the MyGig is going for)

Below is a link I found on another forum and a few others. Seems like a viable alternative to waiting around for Dodge to get their "stuff" together.

Video of the Unit on YouTube from Pioneer

Gizmodo Preview

Pioneer's Actual Product Page

I hope this helps others out who were in the same situation as me. I am tired of waiting to buy my Nitro.

-Lil'

·
Registered
23 Posts
just orderd my nitro today 6-8 weeks, the good news is i got the MYgig put in it and the order went threw. The dealer said if it was still being delayed the order for my truck wouldnt of went threw...so go get your nitro, but youll have to wait 6-8 weeks for your truck with Mygig...good luck

·
Registered
415 Posts
just orderd my nitro today 6-8 weeks, the good news is i got the MYgig put in it and the order went threw. The dealer said if it was still being delayed the order for my truck wouldnt of went threw...so go get your nitro, but youll have to wait 6-8 weeks for your truck with Mygig...good luck
the ordering for the MyGiG opened up jan 8th 2007
but currently all orders at the toledo plant with MyGiG are on BG status (material hold) as the plant does not have any units to install. so all of us that ordered a MyGiG have to wait until they even get any units in the plant before they even schedule our vehicles to be built

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ramssl, I'm in jersey too, and I highly doubt there is an R/T out there with MyGig. It's hard enough to find an R/T let alone one with Mygig, since mygig's weren't supposed to be installed until 1/29/07, and since there is none at the plant, it looks like my 8 week wait will be longer...By the way, Remsen Dodge seems to have their act together, Freehold was a joke, I think Buhler has been indicted for something (don't quote me on that)...Werner was nice, but Anna at Remsen seems to know her stuff, and is willing to work with you for custom orders.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I didnt say there were any out there. I just orderd mine yesterday with the MYgig in it and the order went threw. went to Salerno Duane in Summit. I know the finace manager there threw a family member that works for ford and placed my order yesterday. I got an SLT not an RT, but your right there is none out there with MYgig. Werner was the first dealer i went to, talked to mike there but took them 4 days to get back to me.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ramssl,
I would definetly check with your dealer again because although you can order a Nitro unit with the MyGig you probably won't see it for possibly 2 months. Orders for Nitros with a MyGig system have been available since january 8th. There are no MyGig units at the plant and their won't be any rolling down the assembly line till at the very earliest 1-29-07. And thats not taking into account the new delay from the manuafacturer of the MyGig. No dealer is different since they are all getting them from the same plant.

-Lil'

·
Registered
23 Posts
I dont know just going by what my dealer told me, the owner said dodge would not let the order go threw if Mygig was still on hold. he said when he placed the order it would of came back highlighted in red for that option and he showed me it didnt, meaning they will build the truck as orderd. he told me 6-8 weeks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I dont know just going by what my dealer told me, the owner said dodge would not let the order go threw if Mygig was still on hold. he said when he placed the order it would of came back highlighted in red for that option and he showed me it didnt, meaning they will build the truck as orderd. he told me 6-8 weeks.
you will get your truck as ordered.........

and i have a pretty good idea when the BG status (material hold) on the MyGiG is suppost to be released i cant say anything now

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well 6-8 weeks is almost 2 months. I dont think he would of lied to me since he is a good friend of a family member. he told me at first that i might not get the Mygig because of the problems but he will try it. when he did it did not come back red this time. meaning it is no longer on hold. i asked if he was sure, thats when he showed me mine and one in red. im keeping my finger crossed that your friend is wrong..lol all i want is my dang truck already..lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
worried now...lol just called my dealer to talk to mike about it, waiting for a call back. He going to kill me for asking again..lol but im going to tell him what others are saying. I had to order my SLT anyway since there were none out there in black with a classIII hitch and just gave the MYgig a shot.
Joe

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well 6-8 weeks is almost 2 months. I dont think he would of lied to me since he is a good friend of a family member. he told me at first that i might not get the Mygig because of the problems but he will try it. when he did it did not come back red this time. meaning it is no longer on hold. i asked if he was sure, thats when he showed me mine and one in red. im keeping my finger crossed that your friend is wrong..lol all i want is my dang truck already..lol
im sure your firend would not lie to you .....but my friend that works at the toledo plant and does the scheduling for the line run gave me the info......and i dont think he would not lie to me either........ but anyway we are all waiting and will hopefully get our vehicles soon

·
Registered
415 Posts
That scares me more..lol means even when we get it there most likely will be problems with it...lol
hopefully they will work all the bugs out of it before they release it..........i can just imagine if we start having software problems with it....none of the dealer techs will have any experience with this new radio/nav system/u connect/hard drive/etc item and could be bad. but i hope the delay will mean they want it to be perfect before they release it. we will all keep our fingers crossed and should hopefully be happy campers soon :pepper:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.