Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on installing an amp and subs in my Nitro SLT this weekend. I currently have an Alpine MRP-M650 and two 12" MTX subs installed in my other car, and I am going to move that equipment over to the Nitro and hook it up to the factory radio (6 disc). Yes, I know it would sound better using an after market head unit, but oh well.

My question is about the wiring. I plan on splicing into the rear speakers for the source, connected to the speaker level inputs on the amp. I beleive these wires are C2 8-11. What about the remote wire? Where is the best place to connect that? Also, how do I get to the rear of the radio? Is there any documentation or walk-thru for this?

My second questions is for the placement of the amp. I assume the amp can be placed out of sight in the rear under the cargo space or behind some paneling? Any good suggestions? Also, where is the best place to hook the ground wire to in the rear? Is there a good bolt or anything?

I guess while we are at it, anyone know the best way to remove the door / foot panels to run the wires to the amp in the rear?

Any help, documentation and/or pictures is GREATLY appreciated. I want this to be a very clean install. Thanks!

·
Registered
659 Posts
If you wanted to be super clean and super stealthy, you could mount the amp in the factory amplifier location. Look in the gallery at member 'bch' 's photos you can see its mounted behind the passenger side rear trim panel.

-Lil'

·
Registered
22 Posts
Also, how do I get to the rear of the radio?...On the top of dash above radio remove rubber piece in tray area to expose two screws. Unscrew and pull up on the plastic tray. Its a pita but it will come out eventually. Then pull carefully on the front cover area of the radio shroud and start disconnecting plugs. Then the radio is connected with 4 screws. Check out my pictures for references of a clean install.

I guess while we are at it, anyone know the best way to remove the door / foot panels to run the wires to the amp in the rear?......just pull on the plastic carefully they are attached with metal clips. with the kick panel area just start pulling from the part closest to the firewall you'll start to see where everything is connected.

Also, where is the best place to hook the ground wire to in the rear? Is there a good bolt or anything? If you look inside the car jack compartment you will see a grounding point closest to the brake lights.

you can see pictures of my install with amp placement in this thread.....http://www.nitroforumz.com/showthread.php?t=1747

·
Registered
281 Posts
Take a look at my Gallery. It has detailed pics of the door panel removed. The Ground location in the jack compartment is not a good location for a ground the current capability of that point is at near max now. Go through the gromet in the jack compartment and ground to the frame.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.