Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, you all have been great, and I wanted to share this with you. If you read the "Befuddled" thread, you know the issue I am dealing with. Well, called the dealer who had the Nitro that I wanted, and (of course), it was sold....however, the GM there is a former parishioner from my parish here, and he heard what was going on - he believes that the other dealership hadn't ordered yet (for whatever reason)....anyhow, to make a long story short... I should be getting a new Nitro SLT later this week! They found one that has most of what I wanted, so I am happy (only lacking was the full sized spare - which I can always get)...so the specs are as follows:

4X4
Khaki
Leather
U-Connect
Sunroof
Towing package

I can certainly live with that! :Racing:

Funny how things work out!

I will keep you up to date as events unfold (and they certainly will, this is the holiday season!)

Peace,
Rich

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats! And by the way, the towing package already includes the full size spare, so it looks like you're getting exactly what you wanted anyway!
You're right - found that out via the dealer....said it has about 400 miles on it since it was a dealer car from MN...fine with me....I am happy with what I am getting....should have it tomorrow - go figure! Wait 6 weeks for nothing to happen and BAM! - what a hoot!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good things come to those who wait.!~!
true - I guess the "We can't get you the black one at the other dealer since you ordered one, but would you rather the orange one we have in stock" statement really raised some yellow (well, more than yellow)...how about red (well, not really that bad)...I know - ORANGE - flags...yeah, that's the ticket!:D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats great news chitowner, glad you are finally getting a ride you want. You must have had a heck of a lot of points stacked up with the boss.
would like to think so! :rolleyes:

sometimes I have to follow my gut....as I said, I picked up some cues I was a bit uncomfortable with (as in the orange Nitro in stock - would have gone with it if it had the right options - but really am more of a khaki kinda guy!)...funny, one of the kids at church was hoping I would get the black and then he would mod it with a white collar at the underside of the windshield, kinda making a "priestly car" as he put it!:D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Asssuming, from your board name, you are from Chicago, you'll have a lot less work to do keeping the khaki looking nice. I do love the look of a black car, but they are TONS of work to keep clean and shiny. And to me, nothing looks worse than a dirty black car. Chicago in the winter? Eeeek.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
would like to think so! :rolleyes:

sometimes I have to follow my gut....as I said, I picked up some cues I was a bit uncomfortable with (as in the orange Nitro in stock - would have gone with it if it had the right options - but really am more of a khaki kinda guy!)...funny, one of the kids at church was hoping I would get the black and then he would mod it with a white collar at the underside of the windshield, kinda making a "priestly car" as he put it!:D
You'll like the Khaki... and get a lot of comments on it. I've got the Khaki SXT and everyone says... what a classy color. Really all the Nitro colors have something going for them depending on SXT or SLT trim. Black & white... you can never go wrong but black does take some additional car washes. Red is the most promoted Nitro color. The orange and blue... and the red too are SHOCKER... CANDY TYPE COLORS!!! It's really all in what you like... but if you like a classy easy to take care of color the Khaki is great for you. Enjoy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.