Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 Nitro Heat 3.7 4wd
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my spyder FL LED aftermarket fog lights for my 2011 Nitro Heat 3.7. I was assuming these were top of the line paying $160 with shipping for them but after inspecting they just feel cheap but anyway. My question is and I'm sure this is been asked a hundred million times, but which is the positive and negative wire for my Nitro?
And .2
can I just splice into these wires without running the relay and all that other crap and just into my main (existing )fog lights?

Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I spliced my Spyder Halo fog lights into my existing fog light plugs. I did not remove the plus, but spliced in with quick connects just behind the plug. I then taped the plug to prevent water from getting in.

I don't remember which is positive an negative on the plug. Sorry. Before you disconnect the negative battery terminal, check the wires with a test light.

·
Premium Member
2011 Nitro Heat 3.7 4wd
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man! There's only two wires and I'm assuming the black would be negative and the white and orange or the white on the other side is positive

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
If they are LED and they work just from splicing them in...then yes, they are cheap. (Been there, done that...output not that great)
The one’s I have now were cheap, BUT good quality and good reviews. They are originally for the Wrangler JK’s. But with some minor modifications to the Nitro’s factory housing and adding a relay harness, they work great and are bright!

·
Premium Member
2011 Nitro Heat 3.7 4wd
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like the ones I have. How did you rig the relay pat? Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts