Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I have Sirius, I pulled off the outer black cover took out the inside copper spring. From there I diked off the size I needed and trimmed the black cover also. Put it all back together and now I can park in the garage. The antenna is now 2.2 inches long.

I have not found the reception to have changed, but were I live there is not much in the way of radio AM of FM here anyway.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Yeah i was going to mention something about your reception up there in the hills. I wasn't sure whether you really needed an antenna LOL. But I guess you do for the Sirius. Anyways it looks good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am no "expert" in satellite radio, but I believe the vertical mast is only for the AM/FM reception. The rectangle "box" on the top houses the satellite antenna. Our mast either fell off or was stolen early on and the satellite reception was still fine. We have since replaced the mast from the dealer for around $16. Hope this helps.

G

·
too long

I have the same problem. I did not cut mine though. I took a black zip tie and bent over the atenna into a 'C' shape! It may not be the ideal way, but it is not hitting the top when I pull into the garage. I may try your way and cut mine shorter! Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yes I have Sirius, I pulled off the outer black cover took out the inside copper spring. From there I diked off the size I needed and trimmed the black cover also. Put it all back together and now I can park in the garage. The antenna is now 2.2 inches long.

I have not found the reception to have changed, but were I live there is not much in the way of radio AM of FM here anyway.
Do you have any pictures of what the inside of the antenna looks like without the black cover on it, and what you actually cut off of the antenna?

·
Join!Resistance is futile
22,141 Posts
I would like to see that do although I don't think I would shorten it, mine was just tapping the rubber garage weather strip at the bottom of the door when I got it in March then the weather warmed up it stopped (at least that I could hear) now that its cold its started again ( the cold must stiffen the covering on it) but its not a problem

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I wish the antenna was else where.
When ever I use the roof rack for Kayak ( large double ) I end up having to take the Stick antenna OFF.
Pain

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.