Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Strangely enough, I started looking into this when my girlfriend mentioned the heater stopped blowing warm when she brought her vehicle to a stop (06 Sebring). I noticed a lot of residue on a plastic coolant manifold. Apparently those parts fail often where the part is "welded" together and leak, leading to little/no vent heat output and eventually engine overheat. Not a concern for us nitro owners, but I noticed the dried coolant deposits were pink color... Pink? I figured it was like dexcool, but that's more orange. I did some research and found it's a completely different coolant called "HOAT" also known as "G-05".

It seems this stuff is not found at most auto parts places. When you can find it, it is Zerex brand (Zerex G-05) and pours yellow.

The fluid color looks the same in the overflow tanks on both the Sebring and my Nitro. Since it's all technically Chrysler I believe our Nitros probably also use this type of coolant. Any thoughts/input?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,538 Posts
In the 07 Owners manual; section 7, page 357
"When adding antifreeze/coolant, a minimum solution of 50% recommended Mopar Antifreeze/ Coolant 5 Year/ 100,000 Mile Formula HOAT (Hybrid Organic Additive Technology), or equivalent, in water should be used. Use higher concentrations (not to exceed 70%) if temperatures below -34°F (-37°C) are anticipated."

In the 2010 Owners manual; Section 7, Page 420

"The manufacturer recommends using MOPAR Antifreeze/Coolant 5 Year/100,000 Mile Formula HOAT (Hybrid Organic Additive Technology) or equivalent. Mix a minimum solution of 50% HOAT engine coolant and distilled water. Use higher concentrations (not to exceed 70%) if temperatures below 34°F (37°C) are anticipated."

So you are correct. HOAT it is.​

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the 07 Owners manual; section 7, page 357
"When adding antifreeze/coolant, a minimum solution of 50% recommended Mopar Antifreeze/ Coolant 5 Year/ 100,000 Mile Formula HOAT (Hybrid Organic Additive Technology), or equivalent, in water should be used. Use higher concentrations (not to exceed 70%) if temperatures below -34°F (-37°C) are anticipated."

In the 2010 Owners manual; Section 7, Page 420

"The manufacturer recommends using MOPAR Antifreeze/Coolant 5 Year/100,000 Mile Formula HOAT (Hybrid Organic Additive Technology) or equivalent. Mix a minimum solution of 50% HOAT engine coolant and distilled water. Use higher concentrations (not to exceed 70%) if temperatures below 34°F (37°C) are anticipated."

So you are correct. HOAT it is.
handbook states to use de-ionised water on my dodge nitro 2.8crd

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,538 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts