Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
PS. I had a 46RE in my Dak R/T, It was somewhat lack luster & had to be serviced well before 20k due to shift lock ups. Not the best tranny.

TRANSMISSION: NSG 370 MANUAL SIX-SPEED OVERDRIVE (with 3.7 liter engine only!)

Transmission: 42RLE ? Automatic Four-Speed Overdrive (Optional, 3.7 engine)

Transmission: A 580 ? Automatic Five-Speed Overdrive (standard, 4.0 V6)

Three transmissions are offered on the Dodge Nitro: a six-speed manual transmission, a four-speed automatic and a five-speed automatic. (Even though a six-speed automatic - silky smooth and well mannered - is available on the Pacifica, it isn't an option on the Nitro).
The six-speed manual transmission is standard on the Dodge Nitro 4x2 and 4x4 models with the 3.7-liter V-6 engine. It provides improved quietness and high quality. For smooth operation, first and second gears have triple-cone synchronization, the third and fourth gears feature double-cone and the fifth and sixth gears single-cone synchronization. Hard-finished gears allow for quiet operation. A multi-rail, steel-construction shift system delivers high strength and precision. The two-piece aluminum case with integrated clutch housing assures powertrain stiffness and low weight. The new first-gear ratios combined with six-speed step spread allows optimization of axle ratios for fuel economy and performance.
Transmission ratios for the six-speed manual are 4.46, 2.61, 1.72, 1.25, 1.0, and 0.84; reverse is 4.06.
The four-speed variable line pressure automatic transmission is optional on the Dodge Nitro and standard on the Dodge Nitro SLT; it is used with the 3.7 liter engine. Transmission ratios are 2.84, 1.57, 1.0, and 0.69, with a reverse of 2.21.
The five-speed automatic transmission is mated to the 4.0-liter V-6 engine; it features Electronic Range Select (ERS) interactive shift control. The shifter provides fully-automated shifting when in the Drive position, or the driver can manually select each gear by moving the shifter left and right from the Drive position (it?s also known as AutoStick). Transmission ratios for the five-speed automatic are 3.59, 2.19, 1.41, 1.0, 0.83, and Reverse 3.16.

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Good find, I dont like how the artcle says manual standard on "Nitro". For clarification the manual transmission is standard and only available on the Nitro SXT model. It is not available on any other model! :)

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
neither does anyone else who doesn't know how to use their feet and hands at the same time.
thats not what I was referring to - i was referring to how the article doesnt really mention models (SXT, SLT, R/T) and just does a round about way of saying it..Manual is only available on SXT NOT the "nitros with the 3.7l engine" and the six speed is only on the RT :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.