Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I live in the Phoenix, AZ area (acutally up in surprise, AZ NW valley). I was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to add automatic headlights to my nitro. I've had it for a couple months now and it is driving me absolutely crazy not to have the automatic headlights. The last 2 cars I have owned had it and I suppose I got used to it. Well, if anyone could point me to where I could have this done let me know. Also, do any of the models of the Nitro come with automatic headlights? I have the base model with automatic transmission and cruise control.

Thanks!
Craig

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I didn't realize how annoying it is until I've had to go without it for 2 months now. There has to be a way to add that on? At least I hope so. I was hoping someone has added it and can let me know how to do it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It drives me nuts that this isn't a standard feature yet. I'm in the same boat -- had it for awhile, and not having it is pretty annoying. And as discussed elsewhere on the forum, it's a little "misleading" that the Nitro lights up the dash all the time, meaning you're more likely to wait longer to turn on your lights if you're driving at dusk.

Do the aftermarket kits require you to leave your headlight switch to "on" all the time, or what?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Most vehicles today use the on/off switch to activate a relay that then turns on the lights. If you don't mind driving with your lights on all the time, you can generally bypass your dash switch and wire it behind the key to an aux. connection. I would want to run this by NitroTech before I did it. This might also solve your desire for a DRL. If we get the Bi-Xenon headlights, not sure I would want to do this with them??

A drawback to this is you can't sit outside in your garage and listen to your stereo without running your battery down from the drain of your lights, unless there is a separate aux. connection available that is only hot when the key is in the on position and off in the AUX position. Again, Larry can most likely tell us this info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.