Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Has anyone had any electrical problems with the automatic windows? At times, my windows will only go up and down about an inch at a time. Just wondering if there was a recall on this issue.

Also, has anyone had problems with getting the Sirius to work. After taking it back to the dealer a few times, they think its a part inside the radio, and the part has been on order for weeks. Very frustrating.....
Thanks,
Keona

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
I had this problem once, the front passenger window would only scroll up/down about 2 inches at a time..i dont beleive it had been raining prior to this problem..but it hasnt happened again..

·
Registered
7 Posts
This happened to me when I was picking up some food at a drive through. It was really annoying, especially since something always seems to go wrong with the driver's side window for me. It was raining though, and it's worked normally ever since.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Jonny2k1, if it does happen again just pop the switch cluster out & run a hair dryer , heat gun or the trucks heater on the cluster bet it fixes the problem got damp in there on me don't know how but it did but since doing that never had the problem again.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had the same issue with my Nitro, only it happened on the drivers side window.. It was fine when it was raining out (been showing/raining he in NJ for about a week), but it has been nice and dry out for the past couple of days. When i came to work to show my ID the window would only go down in 3 inch increments and the same thing trying to close the window.. going to call the dealership.. Was going to bring it in anyway, getting a weird vibration sound coming from the drivers side door when the radio volume is above 20.. Maybe the two are related..

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a major problem 2 weeks after I bought my Nitro. Driver's side window went down, but then wouldn't go back up. Took it to the dealership on Friday (2 weeks ago) and they told me they couldn't do anything about it until the next Tuesday and wanted me to send me home with the window stuck down. Their advise was to put plastic over the window until Tuesday! I rose a big stick (and since it was the fourth vehicle I have bought from the dealership) and was able to have it fixed the very next day. Have not had any problems since then.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I had a major problem 2 weeks after I bought my Nitro. Driver's side window went down, but then wouldn't go back up. Took it to the dealership on Friday (2 weeks ago) and they told me they couldn't do anything about it until the next Tuesday and wanted me to send me home with the window stuck down. Their advise was to put plastic over the window until Tuesday! I rose a big stick (and since it was the fourth vehicle I have bought from the dealership) and was able to have it fixed the very next day. Have not had any problems since then.
So do you know what repair they performed so your window worked?

·
Registered
24 Posts
So do you know what repair they performed so your window worked?
They replaced the master window switch ~ part number 4602632-AC. It took fifteen minutes and I haven't had any problems since. Now I just have to get my TSB's checked out (18-037-06 / 21-002-07 / 09-001-07). I don't know which one I need taken care of, but they can check out all three of them. My Nitro seems to run funny in the 1.5RPM area, and as I've been reading on this site I guess you could explain it as it having a "shudder". I thought at first that maybe it was because I put a new chrome intake on it, but my fiancee it wouldn't be that.
I see your name is "NitroTech" ~ do you work at a Dodge dealer or something? He's wanting to know if you are able to get Dodge parts? He owns a SRT10 and has been trying to do a few things to it, just to "pretty" it up. He tried putting a GEN I oil dipstick handle on his stock dipstick and completely destroyed his whole dipstick now. It looks really pretty now with the rag haning out of the tube! Do you have any ideas on where we can get an oil dipstick? He tested my dipstick and it fits perfectly in his truck (I'm going to have to keep an eye on mine now!). Tried the auto parts store and they don't have the o-ring set up type dipstick.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Turtle, I do work at a Chrysler dealer but I'm located in Canada. Your best bet is to visit your local dealer or talk with our supporting dealer on this forum, AdamC from Eastway Chrysler. I think its basically impossible to get those handles off. Either way they'll get the dipstick dilemma straightened out.

Good to hear all the windows required was a replacement master switch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It happened to me the fist week I had mine, it was the passenger side window and they took the whole darn door apart and it ended up being something with the computer and calabration. Like I know if that was even true. But it is okay now. UNTIL....the driver's side window did it as well but only once!

·
Registered
28 Posts
NITROTECH

My nitro did the same thing as they are stating " couple of inches at a time up and down". and For your question, No, it wont work normally even if you continue to hold the switch down ...... I gotta get in there and see if any moisture has been collecting on mine ....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just something on this window electronics moisture. It was pouring rain the other day and opened my drivers door for about 20 seconds and the control panel was wet from the rain. On other cars I have owned these controls have always been protected or covered so as no water could come in contact when the door was opened in bad weather. Just a thought.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know these posts are a little old - but wanted to say that this is just happening to mine TODAY. Manufactured and titled in 11/06 (2007 model). 25000 miles and a year and a half on the road and I'm having this crazy problem.

My "auto-down" wouldn't work on the driver's side window, I press the button and hold it in - it lowers two inches. I let go, press it down again and hold it - it lowers another two inches and so on until it is all the way down. Same thing putting it up.

Was anyone ever given a problem trying to have this repaired at the dealer?

OH and the 2nd thing - this only happened one time. My windshield wipers wouldn't turn on AT ALL and it was raining. They just stopped working mid-drive - when they went down they wouldn't come back up again. After I shut the car off and turned it back on it worked again - like rebooting a computer. Thank God it was only once.....but that's a pretty dangerous computer problem.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
I know these posts are a little old - but wanted to say that this is just happening to mine TODAY. Manufactured and titled in 11/06 (2007 model). 25000 miles and a year and a half on the road and I'm having this crazy problem.

My "auto-down" wouldn't work on the driver's side window, I press the button and hold it in - it lowers two inches. I let go, press it down again and hold it - it lowers another two inches and so on until it is all the way down. Same thing putting it up.

Was anyone ever given a problem trying to have this repaired at the dealer?

OH and the 2nd thing - this only happened one time. My windshield wipers wouldn't turn on AT ALL and it was raining. They just stopped working mid-drive - when they went down they wouldn't come back up again. After I shut the car off and turned it back on it worked again - like rebooting a computer. Thank God it was only once.....but that's a pretty dangerous computer problem.
Yes Tracy, the early Nitro's have some strange bugs. Some safe and some, well, not so safe....:eek:

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I hope we can help you with any questions you may have.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.