Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Looks great. Did you tap off the front Cig lighter, or run a new fused wire from the battery?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Nice, been wanting to do this too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks good. Where did you get the components? Part numbers? I really need to do this. I drive for Uber, and have an extension running back there. Looks kinda ghetto.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For anyone doing this, you should know when you pull the plastic panel off that there is a metal plate behind it that you can ground to.

·
Premium Member
30,657 Posts
For anyone doing this, you should know when you pull the plastic panel off that there is a metal plate behind it that you can ground to.
The top of the plate is what the lift up arm rest is screwed into. The bottom is held to the floor with screws through the bottom of the storage area. If you loose your ground, the bottom is likely the cause. This is because the plate is only held into place with pressure on the bottom (to the floor pan) and minor screw edge contact.
I had a grounding issue with my cup lights because of this. I have since moved the ground wire to a bolt at the base of the sifter.

Now for the warning.
Be careful when working around the center console. The main airbag controller is under there, just in front of the E-brake.
Always disconnect the Neg(-) battery cable and wait ten minutes before working on the Nitro!

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
is the sifter next to the arking brake ;).

·
Premium Member
30,657 Posts
is the sifter next to the arking brake ;).
See, even with spell check I still can't spell! LOL
The shifter is by the "P"arking brake.:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts