Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got a little excited after my dealer called me earlier this afternoon but when I called him back he informed me that my Nitro order with MyGig was placed on restricted status and that similar orders would be as well. He told that I could keep the order the way it is currently and wait for MyGig but that he realistically didnt see it being delivered to me until at least April if not longer. Its bad news to me, I have a question for others out there on the forums, how is the above dash nav system and are you happy with it? MyGig is really an option I want but its a matter of need when it comes to the car so I am debating switching to the other optional nav system. Any Thoughts?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm waiting too they told me april but i think it will be better off waiting because when it is out and people are talking how good it is you will be kicking yourself not having it. So if you can wait i would wait I am

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I also wanted the mygig but no way was I going to wait till whenever, opted for the Mopar NavusII & am very happy works great has the same warranty & cost $900.00 less Thats alot of goodies for the Nitro. just my.02

·
Registered
543 Posts
if you wait
two long and your going to be just a guy with a nitro and pretty soon everbodys going to have one and every body has seen one so i would buy one now and get in on some of the hype before its all over. this vehicel has heads turning and it sure makes u feel good because u know exactly what there looking at and what there saying.i was one of the first slt nitro in the city and i have had four months of enjoyment and was sure glad that i didnt wait but if u really want to wait for my gig then thats ok two im sure it will be a nice unit when they get delivered

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, we have a few road trips planned between now and when we would get our Nitro (Sometime in early May apparently) and we decided that it would be nice to have the Nitro for those trips. We spoke to the dealer and he was able to find us a Nitro that had everything we wanted except the mygig. We are still thinking about getting the MyGig installed when it becomes available, but from what the dealer showed me last night I'm not holding my breath...Last week when he called me about my order, he told me it was on a restricted status because of the MyGig. Last night he showed me that all Nitros now have a TBD (to be determined) status for any orders that include MyGig or Leather seats (either color ).

ps the Nitro they found us is

Black SLT
rear seat video system
uconnect/sirius
slate gray leather
tow package
power sunroof
remote start
Nitro sills (to be installed this week)

:ura1:

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
I opted for both...I took delivery of my R/T and ordered the MyGiG as part of the deal. The dealer agreed to install it for free once it arrives. If it is not here by summer, he will just refund the money.

ps. My Dodge service department say's that the price to install one is $1200!! I guess it is not just a plug and play installation.

Jon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.