Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2007 Nitro. Recently my battery light came on a few days before it quit. I purchased a new one and the light is coming on again. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but my radio clock resets when I turn off the car sometimes. After changing the battery, the battery light is coming on again. I've made sure all doors are shut and no interior lights are left on when I get out. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
if the radio clock keeps reseting it could be a bad battery connection somewhere, most common places are at the battery terminals, the large Possitive cable to the TIPM, or the Ground cable to the vehicle chassis (underneath the battery tray),

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if the radio clock keeps reseting it could be a bad battery connection somewhere, most common places are at the battery terminals, the large Possitive cable to the TIPM, or the Ground cable to the vehicle chassis (underneath the battery tray),

I just baught a new battery and it was doing this before that.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Battery cables and connections

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried taking the battery out, cleaning/air blowing a lot of the dirt out and away. Put it all back and now it won't even turn over and the electric/lightning light comes on instead of the battery sign/light. Also unhooked the ground cable from red/positive wire to the fuse box and tried dusting that and underneath it.

·
Registered
2007 R/T
89 Posts
charging system bad? Get the alteranator tested. A lot auto parts stores will test it for free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts