Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Rockingham, it is about 2 hrs to Myrtle Beach, SC.. Drove the Nitro and carried 4 adults and 1 -5 year old. This was the first tiime it was "loaded". I may want to stiffen the rear springs a little bit although the ride was still comfortable. We got a lot of looks...........and I only saw two more while I was there. And they were on the dealers lot.......None on the road. You know it feels good to pull up to a light and notice people pointing and looking at the new ride. I have had several comments on its good looks. And I got right at 23 MPG. Well anyway, just thought I would give an update.:Racing: :)

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Sounds good. Ive been to Myrtle Beach several times. I had people taking pictures of my Nitro toda on the road :shy: Im about to drive from Texas to Atlanta in a month so that should be a good experience to - Just me and the nitro :D

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Something from the Beack Trip

Well comming back up 501 Sat. nite we heard a rather loud pop aroung the windshield area. Couldn't see anything at that time. Wife called me at work today..........the rock hit right at the inspection sticker. Now the chip has developed into a CRACK. Went by the insurance office. They called the folks to repair , etc. Will be Monday cause they had to order the new one. I am surprised they even could get it that quick.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Well comming back up 501 Sat. nite we heard a rather loud pop aroung the windshield area. Couldn't see anything at that time. Wife called me at work today..........the rock hit right at the inspection sticker. Now the chip has developed into a CRACK. Went by the insurance office. They called the folks to repair , etc. Will be Monday cause they had to order the new one. I am surprised they even could get it that quick.
The bad news is... that's a bummer. The good news is that the professional auto glass companies these days are unbelievably good. I had to have my brand new Mustang done. I went over it with a flashlight and a fine tooth comb... COULD NOT TELL! I'm with ya though... I'm amazed they had the glass in stock already. Keep us posted on the results.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the new windshield is installed. By the second company contacted. The first one (Allstate Glass) had originally set up to do the job monday. We found out midday Monday that "it wasn't worth their time". They had the windshield delivered to them and then decided not to honor the job. The insurance agent had used them for 20 years. First refusal. Anyway, the next choice installed it today. Looks factory and they didn't mess anything up. A couple of strips of tape to peal tomorrow and all is well. (After a $100 deductable.) They reminded us to keep the windows down a bit and be careful closing the doors until the sealant cures. Don't want to blow out the new one. Later, David

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
This is true about keeping the windows cracked for the first 24 hours or so.
That's weird about the first glass company though. They either way misquoted the price or were skidish about doing a brand new vehical and a brand new model.
Glad the other company did a good job. I just got my factory floor mats today... they were on back order. Has anyone noticed the back ones fit kind of funny?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know the mats are cut kind of strange but they follow the flat area of the floor. Kind of hard to lay on the humps unless they were molded. Maybe they should have been. Have noticed though that I seem to have to vacumm more often. The former vehicle had tan interrior. Now I have black mats and carpet. And we live in the "sandhills of Nc.".

On another note. I asked the window folks how much the new windshield cost. At that time it wasn't on their bill. I have tried to look it up but have been unable to find it . Part number DW1670GBN. Anybody have a clue?

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
I know the mats are cut kind of strange but they follow the flat area of the floor. Kind of hard to lay on the humps unless they were molded. Maybe they should have been. Have noticed though that I seem to have to vacumm more often. The former vehicle had tan interrior. Now I have black mats and carpet. And we live in the "sandhills of Nc.".

On another note. I asked the window folks how much the new windshield cost. At that time it wasn't on their bill. I have tried to look it up but have been unable to find it . Part number DW1670GBN. Anybody have a clue?
No idea on the windshield... but being a brand new model it wouldn't be cheap!!!

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Sounds good. Ive been to Myrtle Beach several times. I had people taking pictures of my Nitro toda on the road :shy: Im about to drive from Texas to Atlanta in a month so that should be a good experience to - Just me and the nitro :D
what part of texas are you leaving?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.