Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2007 nitro r/t 4x4 4.0l.
I’ve replaces all four rotors, breaks, tires, front wheel hubs, struts and shocks. still vibration persists.
the front seems squared up now.
the rear seems to have the vibration Like a bent axle shaft and hard turning like a bad wheel bearing.
I had a rim straightened that we thought may have been bent a little too far from tolerance. The other three checked out.
the tires do keep flat spots and it drives me insane ! They are phirelli scorpions and they are warm weather only tires. Sold to me of course, as all weather tires !
that aside even after warming up the vibration (shakes the seat as well as the door mirrors) persists.
Im at my whits end and running out of money.
I can replace the axle shafts my self, but how do I tell if they are bent or I’m seeing the wheel bent or tire out of round ?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,722 Posts
Have you check the CV at the transfer case?
Did you damage the rim that needed trued up?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far as I know the rim is not damaged. The cv is ok. I removed it to replace the catalytic converter assembly. Maybe I need to retorque ? I doubt it but I’ll check it out.
would bad rear wheel bearing mimic a bent axle or wheel ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you check the CV at the transfer case?
Did you damage the rim that needed trued up?
Just a thick greasy mess all over the tunnel on the drivers side where the front shaft comes out.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,722 Posts
Just a thick greasy mess all over the tunnel on the drivers side where the front shaft comes out.
Does the transfer case cv shaft constantly spin even though 4x4 is not engaged
Yes, it spins all the time the rig is moving.
This is how it should look.

Not like this blown up one.

Good How-to here with a link for parts.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked that out last night searching old posts. Thank you !
Would this cause the vibration I’m feeling Under my seat ? Enough to shake the mirrors ?
I’ll just buy a new shaft with cv already installed. That way I’ll know everything is wearing in together and I didn’t remount one the wrong spot.
I may have caused this my self. When I changed the y pipe and car assembly last year I dont remember re aligning any marks.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,722 Posts
I checked that out last night searching old posts. Thank you !
Would this cause the vibration I’m feeling Under my seat ? Enough to shake the mirrors ?
I’ll just buy a new shaft with cv already installed. That way I’ll know everything is wearing in together and I didn’t remount one the wrong spot.
I may have caused this my self. When I changed the y pipe and car assembly last year I dont remember re aligning any marks.
Oh ya, it can shake rattle and roll.
You can drive with it removed. Mark the joints so if that is not the cause, you can reinstall in the same orientation as it came out. But if the boot is shot like above Pic, you will need to rebuild or replace...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh ya, it can shake rattle and roll.
You can drive with it removed. Mark the joints so if that is not the cause, you can reinstall in the same orientation as it came out. But if the boot is shot like above Pic, you will need to rebuild or replace...
Oh she’s shot. Grease every where. Thick nasty grease. I’ll just replace the whole unit sonI don’t have to worry about aligning. I can get a new one with cv for like $159 shipped off amazon.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,722 Posts
Oh she’s shot. Grease every where. Thick nasty grease. I’ll just replace the whole unit sonI don’t have to worry about aligning. I can get a new one with cv for like $159 shipped off amazon.
Sounds like a good plan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts