Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month ago my wife got into a little accident in our Nitro R/T. Not much damage, just broke the bumper and the passenger fender flare. After the accident, the truck would still run, but the TPM system was going haywire, disc player didn't work, and warning lights were going off left and right. We took the truck to one of my insurance companies' preferred collision centers Showcase Collision for repairs, and 10 days later they gave it back to us.

When we got the truck back from Showcase all the electrical problems were still there, the bumper job was crooked, and it ran worse! We called them, and they told us they took the truck to Bill Luke Dodge to have the mechanical and electrical problems worked on. We then called Bill Luke and they said they just reset the computer, and that was all. By this time I was pretty pissed. My wife and I took the truck back to the dealership we bought it at, Avondale Dodge, ready to fight this out with them. We weren't quite prepared for their reaction. They just said, "We'll take care of it." A couple of days later we got a call. The collision had destroyed a wiring junction directly behind the bumper, and both Showcase and Bill Luke had failed to diagnose or repair the problem.

Avondale Dodge then worked with my insurance company directly and got them to authorize repairs through Avondale Dodge rather than taking the truck back to Showcase and Bill Luke. None of their service guys knew much about how the TPM/ESP and other stuff tied together on the Nitro because it's pretty new. They ended up flying an expert down from back east to fix the electrical problems in our truck and train up the service crew at the same time. While they were waiting for him, the Service guys got busy doing all the routine maintenance and recall problems, as well as replacing my chipped windshield with Mopar glass.

When I got the truck back I was amazed! It runs better than new. It accelerates a little better with much smoother shifts. I don't know exactly how to explain this, but it handles better too. I think before they worked on it, the ESP system had a little problem and was prematurely overriding my control.

This whole ordeal cost me only my $500 deductible out of pocket. The guys at Avondale Dodge were very professional, skilled and motivated. Overall it was the best dealer service experience I've ever had, and I think other dealerships in Arizona should look up to this one. This dealership has earned itself a customer for life.

· Registered
2,606 Posts
A month ago my wife got into a little accident in our Nitro R/T. Not much damage, just broke the bumper and the passenger fender flare. After the accident, the truck would still run, but the TPM system was going haywire, disc player didn't work, and warning lights were going off left and right. We took the truck to one of my insurance companies' preferred collision centers Showcase Collision for repairs, and 10 days later they gave it back to us.

When we got the truck back from Showcase all the electrical problems were still there, the bumper job was crooked, and it ran worse! We called them, and they told us they took the truck to Bill Luke Dodge to have the mechanical and electrical problems worked on. We then called Bill Luke and they said they just reset the computer, and that was all. By this time I was pretty pissed. My wife and I took the truck back to the dealership we bought it at, Avondale Dodge, ready to fight this out with them. We weren't quite prepared for their reaction. They just said, "We'll take care of it." A couple of days later we got a call. The collision had destroyed a wiring junction directly behind the bumper, and both Showcase and Bill Luke had failed to diagnose or repair the problem.

Avondale Dodge then worked with my insurance company directly and got them to authorize repairs through Avondale Dodge rather than taking the truck back to Showcase and Bill Luke. None of their service guys knew much about how the TPM/ESP and other stuff tied together on the Nitro because it's pretty new. They ended up flying an expert down from back east to fix the electrical problems in our truck and train up the service crew at the same time. While they were waiting for him, the Service guys got busy doing all the routine maintenance and recall problems, as well as replacing my chipped windshield with Mopar glass.

When I got the truck back I was amazed! It runs better than new. It accelerates a little better with much smoother shifts. I don't know exactly how to explain this, but it handles better too. I think before they worked on it, the ESP system had a little problem and was prematurely overriding my control.

This whole ordeal cost me only my $500 deductible out of pocket. The guys at Avondale Dodge were very professional, skilled and motivated. Overall it was the best dealer service experience I've ever had, and I think other dealerships in Arizona should look up to this one. This dealership has earned itself a customer for life.
It is so wonderful to hear a story like this amidst this "customer no service" mentality that has hit the world.

This kind of service is one of the things that Chysler needs to do to get back on top.

Ken

· Registered
889 Posts
It is really nice to hear a story about a dealership that has a happy ending. I'm sure Avondale Dodge will be rewarded many times over for their professionalism, and willingness to help a customer. As they should be. :wavey:

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is so wonderful to hear a story like this amidst this "customer no service" mentality that has hit the world.

This kind of service is one of the things that Chysler needs to do to get back on top.

Ken
Exactly. If you could get service like this every time you visited a Chrysler dealership, wouldn't you keep going there?

What really impressed me was how much effort the service manager put into getting Showcase Collision and my insurance company on the same page. I don't know for sure, but I don't think that's exactly in his job description.

I live in Queen Creek, which is as far from Avondale as you can get without leaving the county. From now on I'll make the 100 mile round trip drive all the way down to Avondale Dodge for maintenance, and they are on the top of my list of dealerships to visit when I'm ready to buy my next car.

· Registered
4,968 Posts
that's an amazing story John! Glad you shared that with us and especially any Nitro owners in the Phoenix area!

Reactions: DrTaz
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.