Dodge Nitro Forum banner

101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Good question?
"Looks" don't mean much. What matters, is what it was designed to go into.
Post 95 in this thread has a list that will work in the 3.7.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Just a cheapie mpg seemed to rise, when I wasn't mashing it
So you did end up going back to the original?
I always wanted to try this mod. but didn't want to spend the $$.
My old ride still running good but always looking for more Power to tow.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I don't have real #s still. but am still using less fuel now then before this Mod to make the same trip. Which I do weekly now. I'll try to remember to fill up tomorrow and keep track...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I have a Viper one sitting in a drawer. Since the wify uses it as her daily driver, I can't modify it anymore. If could find a 4" hose connection that would bolt to the filter box and TB at the same time I would sneak it on.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
I wasn't able to get real MPG #'s for my usual route today.
My normal route had a 25 mile detour with a ton of big hills and tight curves. Which BTW was a blast to drive on...
But even with all that, I averaged 17Mpg. So not to bad being lifted with over sized tires, a rack and winch.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
I don't like you :) I have everything stock +1 gear more and I'm between 14.5-15.5 MPG, that sucks!
I was like that also before I did the TB swap.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
I did some research and it seems there is no similar opportunity for 4.0.
So far no one has found one, but that does not mean it doesn't exist.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Indeed however it is a chance for an American to go to Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge scrap yard and compare, not in Europe b/c there are only several.models and pieces usually.
Obviously 4.0 is scaled up 3.5 and there is no 4.5 or above in the family. Likehood is minimal as it is biggest volume version.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
You could contact fastman throttle bodies (google it) and see if they have a bored out version for the 4.0. Unfortunately it won't be cheap.

·
Registered
422 Posts
He seems to be a nice option, thank you for the tip.
I've been comparing the TB last night (pictures of course)
It seem the Hemi 5.7 2003-2011 has same connector and shape.
Number 4591847AC unfortunately I can't even measure the bolt holes distance if there is a chance to fit.
Is here anybody with 4.0 willing to visit a yard and compare in person?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just ordered a used one from flebay cant wait to try it! Already have a K&N, hooker areochaimber muffler. I have been having hangups with the throttle starting to hang up.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Even after the swap to the 4.7 you will have to clean the TB every once in a while. The TB gets carbon buildup and tends to stick open a little.
Be sure to disconnect the Neg(-) battery cable before you start work and read about the RPM hang in post 1 after the install.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
3" will be tight since the TB is 3-1/8".

·
Registered
19 Posts
It was actually to big I stnuged it down to try it out anyways. Been drive it a few days. I don't think it's helping in the mpg's but it might be my foot. It surges at idle around 500 rpms. Ordering the right part from K&N it's about 11$

101 - 120 of 153 Posts