Dodge Nitro Forum banner

121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Ah, I forgot that a 3" fernco is for a 3" ID pipe + the thickness of the pipe wall. So that would make sense.
It took about a week for everything to settle down completely for me.

·
Registered
432 Posts
How close will this fit?
3.5" to 3.125"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5-to-3-125-89mm-80mm-Silicone-Straight-Reducer-Hose-Silicon-Turbo-Black-/200877856342?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec540d656&vxp=mtr#ht_1206wt_907

I forget yours had the box on top. I'll have to take the tube of mine to measure it. At least I know I have to go from 2.75" ID to 3.125" ID to adapt a stock tube hose.
d

These parts (multiple if you view others like) are fantastic,
I never knew something like this existed! I hope I can save
the link?

I don’t know if it’s me or the way my tablet works, but whenever I
click on a link that takes me off-site, i cannot get back to this page
without going back to safari.

Thanks, douglas

·
Registered
432 Posts
Another drawback. The insulation I planned on using as a mold arrived today, 2 days early. But, I guess the Mfg process is not as strict as some things. It is not 3.125" OD. :shakehead:
Listing was 1-5/8" ID with 3/4" walls (x2), should = 3.125" total diameter. Nope, the walls are almost an inch thick. Total diameter is just under 3-1/2".
So now I'm back to square one and $13.01 shorter in the wallet. :(
Can you put it in a lathe and turn it down? Thanks douglas

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
@Douglas
No it was a soft foam. I originally was going to try to bend it to shape then fiberglass around it.
I was an idea, that met no end.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
The TB is going great. The new tube not so much. But with how things are going (mileage and power wise) I'm tempted not to mess with it. At least till life gets out of my way...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Ok, we need to solve this 3.12" ID problem. My Nitro is once again my daily driver! I'm ready to continue making modifications. The Viper TB in a bag has been collecting too much dust. Any further updates or info on air intake tubing?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
80 mm = 3.14961 inches.
80 mm flexible hoses are available.
What I have found is most are OD not ID. And a flex hose kinda defeats the the concept of a smooth flowing inside surface. Silicone hose will not bend without kinking.
As for me. I have done nothing further in developing or finding a tube that will work.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I have periodically been looking. It can be done, but the cost is usually over $100. I'm trying to stay under that...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
That's a nice goal. I'll search around for options. Do you know the center line length between the TB and filter housing? Plus length for secure mounting? I'll have go back and read on the filter box ID size.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Do you know the center line length between the TB and filter housing? Plus length for secure mounting?
Not off the top of my head, and the plug I was making for a mold broke. I have not figured out how it goes back together yet.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
What about 2011 4.0L any TB mods ? im assuming this one is not compatible or no increase
No one has found any for the 4.0 except for the fastman linked in the first post.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
ok, my mystery connection is here!! Now, I need a way to close off 1/8" circumference difference. Is a 3 1/8" adapter available? I'll post pics asap.
I'd think one or 2 wraps of a piece of a tire inner tube might do it.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
The larger TB is 3 1/8". The hose is 3 3/8". The difference is 1/8". Attached are pictures. Even with the hose clamp all the way, the hose connection is not fully seated. A 3 1/8" adapter or wrap of rubber should close the gap. I have not measured the larger side. I need to check it against the Nitro filter box opening. I think it will fit perfectly. Since the air temp sensor is there, I'll probably plug it or use it temporarily. For better gains, the temp sensor should be closer to the filter. If the hose needs to be extended to fit, cutting out the flex portion for a smooth connection is best

The larger TB is off a Viper V10.

Attachments

121 - 140 of 153 Posts