Dodge Nitro Forum banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
The Viper throttle is installed!! Ok, just kidding. I had a chance to mock up a hose installation!! I was replacing a broken windshield squirt nozzle so i grab the ebay hose to test fit it. Mopar part number 68090732AA fits. It's an air intake hose for 5.7 Hemi engines from '13-'18. Ebay had one listed for $23.97 and free shipping. Even the sensor is included. I had to compress it a little to make it fit. The air box hose opening is larger too. So both ends need to be sealed. I didn't measure the air box outlet. Once I have a measurement, I'll look for a solution. Once I have both ends available to seal, the bigger throttle body will go on. I'm also planning to move the air temp sensor. Stay tuned!! Once I get it all done. I'll a post on it. Smooth tubes are available for 5.7 engines. However, who wants to pay $225 for a short piece? :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Yup! Hardware store run next! I looked up a few poly and rubber solutions. The store should have what’s needed. I’ll have to cut and trim to fit it all. I’m tying to get this done for an after July 4th trip.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hose adapter and seals. Part #P3000-44 from Home Depot. It's a neoprene 4" coupler. It's divided by an inner center edge. I folded the coupler and cut two rings. The center inner ring was cut out. I left the new rings uncut. I want to measure them against the air filter box outlet and Viper throttle body. I'll test fit and cut as necessary. I may use heat to melt the ends back together to make an o-ring. I can use the cut out middle ring to test melt ends back together. One more piece is missing. A temp probe extension harness. I think I found one available for order. Hope to hear back from a vendor soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Update: Yesterday, the final piece was ordered. An extension harness to move the air temp sensor was ordered from Air Ram Performance. The part should be here next week. This week. I'll touch up the spacer rings to seal the hose to the throttle body and air intake box outlet.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Update: the ordered plug is the wrong connector type. I'm sending it back to receive the correct one. So the install is delayed 2-3 weeks. The pic is a Nitro air temp sensor plug.

Attachments

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Update: the ordered plug is the wrong connector type. I'm sending it back to receive the correct one. So the install is delayed 2-3 weeks. The pic is a Nitro air temp sensor plug.
That sucks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
How's this install going for you Nitrochemist? Curious to see how it all came out. Thinking about doing this mod next and looking for a nice clean install. I really like the look you have going.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
No updates yet. I've been busy fixing another SUV. Unfortunately, it's the Nitro replacement. The Nitro will be going to a good home. A niece will be getting her license this summer. She'll be the new driver. I do plan to finish this install before delivering it later this summer. Plus a few other parts need installation. New struts and a bigger throttle body are my priorities. The new SUV replacement is almost ready to be a daily driver. Once it's done, I'll get back to the Nitro. It's my little work horse.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Did anyone on here try the TB mod on a 4.0L ? i cant seem to find anything
Previous page. Click below.

141 - 153 of 153 Posts