Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all of you out there! I just found this site today & joined to keep up with the latest & greatest news about this new model Dodge.I ordered my Nitro RT, black, with most of the opticals except the rear video thang. I ordered it in NOV! In that time it went from BG to BX and back to BG, Not good. Today (2-22-07) I went back to the dealer, and we had a talk. He is very concerned and helpful. It seems my holdup is the My Gig option. It is just not available yet. He is going to cancel that option tomorrow...and we will see if that changes my build status. I can always add MyGig later, when it is available.So...I know I am not alone now in having to wait, so thanks for the time to vent...

·
Registered
415 Posts
lindy

dont give up now

my nitro was built today as a pilot vehicle for the install of the MyGiG as of 10:30 am all was built and the vehicle was off for test evaluation and assesment as soon as all that is done (i should find this out tomorrow) and the engineers know the install is going without problmes they will release the MyGiG for installation into all nitros with the option
i cant tell you how long this will take but it should be very soon :Racing:

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lindy

dont give up now

my nitro was built today as a pilot vehicle for the install of the MyGiG as of 10:30 am all was built and the vehicle was off for test evaluation and assesment as soon as all that is done (i should find this out tomorrow) and the engineers know the install is going without problmes they will release the MyGiG for installation into all nitros with the option
i cant tell you how long this will take but it should be very soon :Racing:
Wow...quick responses! Thanks to you both! Warriorbob, your info has given me some hope here. Did you also order the Full-Time 4x4? I thought that might be my hold up also.

I will post any new developments.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I can always add MyGig later, when it is available...
Welcome Lindy

Like warriorbob said, don't give up on MyGIG now. It would be like waiting on a train to clear a crossing for 30 min., giving up pulling a u-turn, then seeing the caboose clear the crossing in your rearview mirror. They are about ready to go. And if something happens to delay them again, just stay tuned here and you will be kept informed, then cancel MyGIG. If you cancel MyGIG, it will probably never function properly as a dealer install. The wireing harness is different.

Also, everything we have seen indicates the Full Time 4 X 4 option is dead for 2007. Dodge pulled it from their website and shows only Part Time 4 X 4 as standard across all three Nitro models. I don't think your dealer could have actually ordered Full Time differential in the first place. Sit down at the dealership order PC with your dealer and look to see exactly what 4 X 4 option is on your order. It it most likely the Part Time transfer case.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum my friend. I have to agree with the rest of the posts here. Don't give up! I ordered mine in Dec and I'm still waiting. The one thing that keeps me happy to wait for the MyGig is that it well worth the wait. I know I will love driving long distances with that option. And Congrats on the Black RT!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Wow...quick responses! Thanks to you both! Warriorbob, your info has given me some hope here. Did you also order the Full-Time 4x4? I thought that might be my hold up also.

I will post any new developments.

sorry for the late response but as HighVoltageNitro stated the full time 4X4 is dead
the person i know at the plant told me all R/T that where ordered could only go through with the part time system and that even if they were to some how get the fill time cases in now they could not change any order from part time to full time case
he could not even tell me when they were going to start installing full time cases but it does look like it wont be till 2008

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MyGig/Fulltime 4x4

Hey...thanks to you three who answered me. I can live with part-time 4x4, but, I know I'd like the My Gig installed at the factory...as you stated.After 4 months I was getting very depressed over the whole thing. Now, actually, I can see some light at the end, thanks to you folks. I called my dealer back earlier and told him to hold off changing my order for now. He said that many times someone will know someone...who knows someone...and that that someone will know waaaay more than he does. So, OK, let's build those Nitros!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.