Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a single owner, 2007 SXT, with 162k on it. I replaced both of the bad front wheel bearings, did brakes (rotors and pads) all the way around, and replaced the bad injector that was throwing a code. The only thing that is still bothering me is that the blower is "whistling" when you turn it on. The AC and heat both work. It switches through all the different directions (floor, dash, and windshield/defrost), and all the fan speeds work. The whistling gets louder the faster the fan blows.

There is no cabin air filter in my model so I cannot pull the filters to look for debris. I did remove the motor and squirrel cage and looked for anything in that cavity that might be causing the problem. I also plugged the blower motor in while i had it unmounted and turned it on to see if it might be a bearing-it worked perfectly and was dead silent.

Does anyone have any ideas where I should look next? The noise is VERY annoying.

BTW: I was an aircraft mechanic for more than a decade and I do almost all the maintenance on all the cars we own, but I haven't owned a Dodge/Chrysler since my 1962 Dodge 200 pick-up when I was 17 (a long time ago) so I am hoping to get some advice from people more familiar with the way Dodge does things.

·
Registered
2007 R/T
473 Posts
Sounds like a blower motor about to go out. SOrry to say, but no real fix except to replace it. Or at least, take it out and search for some debris in there causing the noise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.