Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Blower Coming On And Off Involuntarily?

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Scar0 
#1 ·
Have a 2008 nitro, the blower motor for heat/Ac has been coming on and off as it pleases for close to a year regardless of heat/Ac or fan speed setting? Now it has stopped completely...I checked to see if it was motor by hooking a 12 volt power supply directly to blower motor and it is working but at a very low speed? Please help it is now cold?

#3 ·
Yea I connected the 12v power supply to the only two pins that that I seen going to the blower...I'm about 99.9℅ they are the positive and negative power input pins for the blower....when I connected power to them the blower did run, but it was at a very low speed so I'm assuming it's not the motor itself? Also not sure what amp output my power supply is so it could have been such low speed due to not a high enough amp output? And thanks for the reply!!!

#4 ·
Also not exactly hoping someone has had the same problem but wanted to see if so what was their solution or advice? Because far as I know I think it's gonna be either the resistor I beleive it's called or the actual switch that controls fan speed? Was hoping to not end up buying parts that aren't bad? My luck seems usually as if I end up getting all the unnecessary parts first!!!

#9 ·
OK you could try a positive and a negative direct from a 12vdv battery just to check it is spinning at a high speed, going direct to these pins with 12vdc is the same as control switch turned to max.

i would also say resistor pack But it is the fact that the motor comes on and off as it pleases which i find strange.

Reactions: Scar0
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.