Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I've got a 2010 Dodge Nitro with a weird problem that I'm hoping someone here could help me with. I've searched the boards but couldn't find anyone with this exact problem.

Anyway, the blower is stuck on at full blast. I can still control the temperature but turning the knob that makes it go off or reduces the blower speed does nothing. It goes off normally when I turn the ignition off, but its back to full blast as soon as you crank it up. I've lived with it for a year but now that I have some time, I want to try and get it fixed. Someone had mentioned a relay behind the glove box a few months ago but he wasn't a professional or experienced with Nitros...

Any ideas?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum @thewebdevil. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

The blower motor resister(module) is located behind the glove box. Not super expensive to replace.
Resister (Module, power, blower motor) 4885482AC
Before doing any work on the Nitro, disconnect the Neg (-) battery cable, isolate It, and wait 10 minutes!
This will allow time for the airbag capacitors to discharge.
You don't want to have your airbags go off accidentally.
It has already happened to a few members here...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Scar!

I picked up the part, replaced it, and now its working normally again. If I had known it would be this easy, I would have done it a long time ago.

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts