·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
It's the V.5.

You don't need the 550 unit, one it's really older than V.4 and the only difference is you can hook up iPhone iPod to the connector. To me that's not a big deal. If you want you can still hookup an iPhone with the RCA inputs.

I see no point for me to have an iPhone hooked up when I have 30GB of mygig HD space, Bluetooth streaming from the iPhone through uconnect. So how many more ways do I need to connect my idevices. :rolleyes:

The price was $223 free shipping.

I used to have V.2 in my Chrysler 300, they work so nice with unlocking and no dealer trips and flashing. Plus you get more options than the dealer can give you.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
It's the V.5.

You don't need the 550 unit, one it's really older than V.4 and the only difference is you can hook up iPhone iPod to the connector. To me that's not a big deal. If you want you can still hookup an iPhone with the RCA inputs.

I see no point for me to have an iPhone hooked up when I have 30GB of mygig HD space, Bluetooth streaming from the iPhone through uconnect. So how many more ways do I need to connect my idevices. :rolleyes:

The price was $223 free shipping.

I used to have V.2 in my Chrysler 300, they work so nice with unlocking and no dealer trips and flashing. Plus you get more options than the dealer can give you.
Excellent point, my friend. You are on it! Another form of music - Pandora app on the Android - who needs an ipod anymore - hooked to the mygig!

:smileup: :smileup:

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Well, what can I say. I took the plunge, and followed bluer101's lead and purchased this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180962063865?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I watched a you tube video on the powers of the Lockpick, and I am blown away, to say the least. I requested the minicam221, as this will mount to the underside of the license plate brow, similar to the stock location. The auction page shows a picture of the barcam221, which attaches to the top of the license plate, and includes LED's for night time vision. I am not sure if I would need this option, and I like the look of the minicam better. Since this supports 3 cameras, I'm thinking I'd like to install a camera on each outside mirror. But, time is on my side - no need to rush!

This ebay seller, Dan, is an awesome dude to deal with! I bombarded him with questions, and he never missed a beat in sending me an answer! This is the best auction that I have ever experienced on ebay. I wish that he sold more stuff - it was a pleasure to deal with him.

:cool:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
If anyone needs an RBZ unit, not a bad price, it's also a new seller. But you are protected by paypal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mygig-High-...t=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item2c67fa14ed&vxp=mtr
Excellent price, but I wish I could see the part number, to try and figure out the software version. Also, you may need an unlock code.

If anyone is interested, here is an older you tube video demonstrating the many features of the Lockpick V.4. V.5 is the only one available now. I, for one, was blown away by this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNLXGD_e0UI

My Lockpick and minicam221 should arrive today. I am going to wait to install this, until I get my RBZ updated by my dealer. I explained to my dealer that I installed the RBZ in my Nitro, that it works perfectly, but in order to get any future software updates through Chrysler, Chrysler needs my VIN. My dealer has agreed to update my VIN to include my RBZ, so I will be all set for future updates. Presently, I am at 08.05.01. Can anyone give me the lastest version?

After watching the youtube video, next on my list is 2 of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170896638485?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I'm going to install one on each side, under my rear view mirrors, at the out side edge. I will probably have to remove the mirrors to accomplish this, but the end results will be worth it. Do I really need these? No, but what the heck, if the Lockpick can support 3 cameras, why not take the plunge. The Nitro is going to be my ride for 10 years - may as well update the crap out of it. I just can't seem to understand why my "Nitro do" list keeps growing!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Well I installed the MyGig I brought. And it works just fine. The only thing I didn't like was the $15 change of radio charge from SiriusXM. Now I want the Lockpick and Front and rear cameras. :smileup: Thanks for sharing bluer101 and dhh3.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Well I installed the MyGig I brought. And it works just fine. The only thing I didn't like was the $15 change of radio charge from SiriusXM. Now I want the Lockpick and Front and rear cameras. :smileup: Thanks for sharing bluer101 and dhh3.
Sirius charged me the $15.00 + $1.00 for using a different credit card. Pricks. My Credit Union, for security reasons, issued every member a new card, with a different number.

:smiledown: :smiledown:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
You are welcome. :)

The radio I bought still has an active trial subscription. I have never really used Sat radio, but I have enjoyed it so far. The best part I like is Sirus Travel Link. It's been great so far.

When the free trial runs out I might call and see what deals I can get. The price on the website for subscriptions is too high for me.

I'm also installing front and rear cameras. I already have the Lockpick and 2 360 cameras. The one for front is non mirror and the rear it mirror with backup lines. The lines look like the factory lines. I hope to start the install soon. I'm going to add the rear cam first. Then down the road I will add the front.

Then maybe down the road I will add the mirror cams too.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Better late than never.

Today I finished my full install. Now I have everything fully functional. I have the MyGig RHB nav, Lockpick V5, Rear VES Vizualogic 10.2 inch screen, and backup camera all hooked up. The rear VES operates just like factory setup but with more options. I can view video in motion on front screen. I can watch the same thing as the rear VES or something different so they can be independent. Also can view and activate the rear view camera at anytime even while driving. :smileup:

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Well, it's about time! :coolthumb: LOL Funny, your RHB and my RBZ have the same Faceplate layout. I thought that there was a NAV Hard Key. How do you switch to NAV?

Turning the rear view camera on when you are in the middle of a phone call is a hoot! :wtf: Maybe Lockpick should have picked another Hard Key to activate the rear view camera while driving and talking on the phone! I haven't tried watching a movie yet. Maybe on my trip to Detroit next month. :SHOCKED:

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Very nice set up. :rep: if I could, I need to spread some around first.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Thanks guys

The nav button is a soft button in the upper right hand corner. The RHB has the Garmin nav so that's how they did it. When you press the nav button it has a small delay just like the rear camera. I think they used like a video input to make the nav work. Now on the RER or RHR has the nav hard key. I had the RER in our last car and I prefer the RHB now.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.