Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I just picked up a 2007 Nitro for dirt cheap that had an “engine knock” but just needed a new lifter. There is a Persistent brake warning light and C1008 code for brake level circuit high. I don’t know how long it has been on for since I just got the car. When i start the Nitro it beeps 4 times and then the light comes on. We pulled the code from the tipm with my friend’s snap on scanner and got the c1008 code. I replaced the brake fluid level sensor and there was no difference. The only other thing I have is the tire pressure warning light that flashes on and off randomly while driving. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
you could try this "at your own risk" if you like, it's what i would do:

the brake fluid level sensor is just a simple open and closed switch, when the fluid level drops to " low " the switch opens and the light on the dash pops on,

So to test the brake fluid level sensor wiring and connector, unplug the harness connector from the fluid level sensor at the reservior, take a small piece of wire and bridge across the 2 pins in the harness connector, this will simulate the level sensor registering brake fluid full (Closed switch) if your light goes out then you know the fault is with the sensor, make sure the connector pins are nice and clean, also check the voltage between the 2 pins at the harness connector, it should be 5vdc (not 12vdc).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! So I went out and did some more checking. The pin trick did nothing. When I check the voltage across the pins there is nothing. If I check for voltage from the green/orange wire at the sensor to ground there is 12volts. The black wire has no voltage, and there is no continuity to ground with it either. Where does that black wire head to?

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
black wire goes to ground (left side of engine compartment), sounds like you have a brake in the wire, make a temporary ground and connect to the black wire and hopefully (fingers crossed and all that) it will be the issue.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
no worries Jan

maybe ignore the 12v and 5v on the DK GRN/ORG wire, the workshop manual states a voltage of above 5v, the fact you have voltage at the connector is a good thing,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey everyone,

Sorry it took so long to get back...I had a major title issue and had stopped working on this until I was able to get a clear title. I ran a new ground to the black wire and all is good. Also, I had a problem with the left fog light not working and ran a new ground to that socket and it now works as well. I probably should go through and clean all the grounds at some point, but I am happy that things are working properly for now...thanks for the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts