Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

It's been awhile, hope everyone is well. I have a question, and hope someone might be able to help tell me what is going on with my brakes. I had all 4 rotors and pads done, and both calipers in the back. It's been about 3k, but since day one they make an awful squeal when stopping, no matter how I stop. It sounds like mostly up front on the passenger side. It's been looked at and I'm told it's nothing but this is just too damn loud.

Every once in awhile while driving I'll get the noise without pressing the brakes on that front side like it's grazing the rotor or something. Otherwise it doesn't make a sound. The worst part is occasionally the brakes make NO NOISE AT ALL. This is driving me nuts. Anyone know what it could be?

Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Reactions: NitroChemist

·
Registered
41 Posts
Check the torque on the bolts for the calipers. Also there is a brake grease that shops are supposed to put on the rotors after turning them, if this wasn't done it could be the culprit. If not those check to be sure a piston isn't sticking and that all shoe slides are in their rails. You would be surprised how easy that mistake is made in shops

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.