Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I received my Brandmotion back up camera. Now to run the wire from the lift gate to the head unit. A lot of panels and routing to do. Maybe next weekend. 3 day weekend ! Now the planning begins ! o_O Any tips or suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Looking forward to this. Had planned to already have one in mine if I didn't run into bigger issues this fall. Definitely lots of routing but otherwise fairly straightforward.

Reactions: Stevenitrosublette

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mark that's exactly what I was looking for ! Just needed the liftgate and some routing, the rest will be a little different because he used the rearview mirror and I'll be running it in the Pioneer AVH unit. But just what I needed the same . Thank you , thank you . Awesome !

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts
Your welcome. I had not done that thread before because there are a lot of Pics in it, and since they are not MY pics, its hard to figure out what went where. Waldorf does write good how-tos, so it is worth the 1.5 hours to fix the Pic links in it.
Later in that thread is another Pic I can not find. It was one taken after Blue ram moved/replaced the license plate camera (kept getting dirty) with one on the inside mounted centered in the top of the back window. With it in that location he was also able to see his hitch ball when he was backing up to his trailer.

EDIT: Just found Blue ram's Pic...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1.5 hr's ! That's a lot of work, I had no idea. Thank you very much! I did have the idea to see if I could run the wire up thru the chrome brow into the hatch. But now I have all the steps to complete that route. I appreciate it. I'll be working on the BU camera on Friday while I'm off. And the water pump too. I've had it since last week and the puddle is still under my rig every morning. Not a lot but enough to keep checking my overflow. Always something! I'll post some pic's when I'm done with it .

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts
Your welcome. You've written a how to, so you know how time consuming they can be...
But its all worth it if it helps out another Nitro owner! Don't think we have a How-to for a 3.7 water pump yet(Hint!).

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay :eek: lol I'll work up a how to on the water pump w/ photos. Shouldn't be to much to do .

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts
Read the manual. More work then one would think. LOL
You don't have to do one, I was just puttin you on a little...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, no I don't mind at all. Like you say " if it helps another Nitro owner " And all the help I've received over the past year from our forum. It's all for the cause !

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only question is , will i have enough space to upload all the pictures? Ill probably have to delete some of my photos or albums. I know i cant delate any of the 4x4 stuff.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Only question is , will i have enough space to upload all the pictures? Ill probably have to delete some of my photos or albums. I know i cant delate any of the 4x4 stuff.
If you use Photobucket and link the photos from there it works great. No worry about space either. Only bad part is if people leave and delete their photos from photobucket.

Reactions: Metaldog

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually did start an account on Photobucket but never even tried to upload any photo's . Guess I'll see exactly how that will work out after I take some photos this weekend.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I want to thank you Scaro because the link you gave me helped tremendously. I went to work on it last night after dinner and was finished before 8:00. I did use Waldorf's route of running the wire along the edge of the headliner and down the A piller. It just made more sence than pulling everything apart to follow the factory harness. It all trucked in nicely and over and around the doors the rubber molding was real easy to push it behind to hind it . The only thing was " and I had to go back and change it " was the instructions say the guide lines are programmed into the receiver and to remove them on the camera is by connecting two green wires on the camera harness to remove them from the camera or you'll have guide lines over guide lines. Which I did, but when I shifted into reverse for the first time it had NO lines at all. So I went back had to disconnect those green wires anyway. No harm no faul. Might be something on the receiver that's not set , but at the time it was just easier to disconnect the wires.
So all is well in Kutztown, Pa. Woohoo.:)

Reactions: Routs and Scar0

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts
Cool deal. Glad to hear the install went fairly easy for you!
BTW if you use P-bucket for Pics, when you copy the "Code" from there don't use the "IMG" code. Use the "Direct" code and the scenery icon("Image" shows when hovering over it) above to paste it in. This prevents clickable links back to your P-bucket account.

Reactions: Routs

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll have to play around with the p-bucket to see how it's going to work. I'll keep you advice in mind . Now my plans are to work on the water pump on Friday . Unless she has other plans for us ? Always something!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts