Dodge Nitro Forum banner
201 - 220 of 248 Posts

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
But TLC doesn't work. Knowing of this 07-08 model year issue, I have been very gentle with my handles, and one still broke...

·
Registered
18 Posts
add another 07 broken handle

But TLC doesn't work. Knowing of this 07-08 model year issue, I have been very gentle with my handles, and one still broke...
After replacing all 6 ignition coils earlier this year we were hoping not to put more money into the Nitro. Fast forward 6 months to a broken handle at 80k miles.

All we wanted for Christmas was our 2 front handles so we could exit our Nitro to wish you a merry Christmas.

·
Registered
32 Posts
May have a neat fix for everyone on this now. After having to replace three handles thus far a friend of mine was helping me with fixing my son's RC car where he had a couple broken platic parts..... He gave me this great stuff called PLEXUS... it is a plastic adhesive that I swear to you when it drys it is had as a rock. Figure what harm it would be to try it on the door handle that had just broke and it fixed it up nice and good. Wish I had taken pics for the boards but if you get the stuff to save some bucks it is easy to use.

·
Premium Member
30,657 Posts
What was the part # of the PLEXUS used 340, 300, 410?

·
Premium Member
30,657 Posts
Thanks, That stuff is not cheap. Lowest I found was $20 + shipping. But if you already have it, then it would be worth a try.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Never priced it since it was given to me but there is enough in there to last you for a very long time indeed as well. Once it sets you can even sand on it smooth out rough areas if you wanted to as well. I got to sing its praises as well since it was so strong with everything that I have used it on thus far.

·
Premium Member
30,657 Posts
I assume it is holding up OK so far?

·
Premium Member
30,657 Posts
Cool deal!
When you did the fix, did you over lay the adhesive? Meaning did you add extra around the break to add strength, or just glue along the break line?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did the overlay on it. I am sure that I could have made the overlay a lot smoother than it ended up looking but figured if I laid it on kinda link the break was of a broken bone and putting a cast around the break that it would make it stronger and make sure that it would not break again.

·
Premium Member
30,657 Posts
I have a broken one sitting on my desk (the one I replaced). I'll have to get some PLEXUS MA310 and give it a try.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Like to know how it turns out for you as well. Hope it goes as good for you as it did for me. With the way this stuff is made you could fix many many many of those handles before you ran out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
this has happened to me twice now. both drivers door and front passenger door!!
easy fix for me was to swap them both out with the two rear door handles ( my Nitro has no rear seats so this was not an issue for me) they are identical front and rear and only took 5 mins to swap over for a quick fix.
they can be purchased on ebay for around $40 each.
Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
30,657 Posts
Be cautious of the E-bay replacements. Some of them are the same weak design that break easily.

·
Registered
16 Posts
mine is broken too :(

90 dollars to replace in Canada and it seems no Nitros get in accidents so no wreckers around here have one either. I would pay the 90 dollars if they built them to last but mine didnt even make it 5 years. I have been driving around almost 2 yrs now undoing my window to get out. Feels like a death trap. I just dont have that kind of money to fix it when more important things need fixing.

·
Premium Member
30,657 Posts
If you don't have rear passengers often, you can swap front to rear to get you by.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Me too

A little pissed that this happened. It didn't break off just simply stopped opening the door. Hopefully my husband will look at it and see its an easy fix but come on now dodge they really need to recall this stupid shit ...

201 - 220 of 248 Posts