Dodge Nitro Forum banner
221 - 240 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
booo

After replacing all 6 ignition coils earlier this year we were hoping not to put more money into the Nitro. Fast forward 6 months to a broken handle at 80k miles.

All we wanted for Christmas was our 2 front handles so we could exit our Nitro to wish you a merry Christmas.
That's exactly how many miles I have to and I also just did the coils so lame

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone experienced this?

A new handle is $75

No junk yard around in Kansas has one.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the handles on the Jeep liberties were the same or not? They look the same.

Any help with getting a replacement cheaper would be greatly appreciated!

Edit Scar0:
(Replacement How-To is now in the knowledge base...
Click here Inside door handle replacement )

I'm new here but have been reading posts ever since before I got my new/used 07 Nitro.

I'm posting here for the same reason... BROKEN HANDLE. Although this might be an old thread, seems that broken handles is sorta common.

Here's what I found on eBay for replacements. A set of both Right & Left handles for under $50...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/left-right-...29aa-premium/381030943420?hash=item58b736cabc

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
I'm new here but have been reading posts ever since before I got my new/used 07 Nitro.

I'm posting here for the same reason... BROKEN HANDLE. Although this might be an old thread, seems that broken handles is sorta common.

Here's what I found on eBay for replacements. A set of both Right & Left handles for under $50...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/left-right-...29aa-premium/381030943420?hash=item58b736cabc
Welcome to the forum JCB. :wave:
When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Not a bad price for the handles provided they are the new stronger version. :smileup:
To bad the Pics don't show the part that is weak in the old version, like you can see in the link of my How-To.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Inside door handle broken !

I have a 2007 Nitro 4x4 SLT in Ontario Canada. Has anyone done a DIY video on replacing a inside door handle?. I cant find anything on Youtube etc. My driver side handle has been broken for awhile, been using gorilla glue and zip ties to hold it together... but it keeps breaking lol :(. Need to take the next step and actually replace it ! without going to the dealership. Another issue is to actually locate a handle ? No auto yards or aftermarket company's seem to have anything nitro !

Help

·
Lighting Guru!
3,633 Posts
Sheila,
See the very first post of this thread to find information on how to replace the handle.
Also, you can try our site vendor, MoparPartsOnline or ebay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My driver's side handle broke today, too. I am hoping to find someone who can replace it for me, so I don't have to pay the dealership an exorbitant amount.

·
Lighting Guru!
3,633 Posts
My driver's side handle broke today, too. I am hoping to find someone who can replace it for me, so I don't have to pay the dealership an exorbitant amount.
This is not a very difficult repair, have you considered doing it yourself?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had to replace mine several years ago. It wasn't bad. I think it was one screw on the door arm rest. Pop off the door cover (just clips holding it on) and then you can re-attach the door handle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My thought as well but not a chance.
took it out and the way it broke there is not enought bite for a pin.
I is really weak as they try to minimize weight and material.
Will tag a pix later.
I managed to bond it and wire it for the time being.
(first attempt failed)
Should last 3 days
Hi I just had the same problem after my daughter used my nitro. My fix was to remove the handle and epoxy the two pieces with a five minute epoxy. After that is firm then drill a small hole through it and epoxy a wire into the hole if you can bend the ends over it will be stronger than ever

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Reply to my own post from way back then
OH I see this is an older post.
But Guess what happened this morning.
Was cleaning the baby up after all the mud I collected.
Mover the Nitro closer to the water tap, turned off the ignition and tried to get out .................................SNAP
Ok turn on the ACC roll window down and use the outside handle.
To The dealer tomorrow see what they say.

Oh well the passenger front door handle almost lasted 200,000 Km.
My mother in law some 87 years old went to get out this afternoon and SNAP.
"Look what you did mom you are just too strong"

Order off the intranet for 60% of dealer price.

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
I too am waiting for the next one to go...

·
Registered
11 Posts
This happened last spring, around 110,000 miles on my 2007 Nitro...frustrating. Easy enough to replace, but shouldn't have to.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Happened to me. I moved the rear handle to the front and left the rear without a handle. I don't drive anyone around except my wife and toddlers anyway, so no need for it! :)

221 - 240 of 248 Posts