Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any of these accesories? If so, how do they attatch? Ive seen them on several sites including the catalog and none mention the install method. Are the in channel? 3M Tape? These are going to be my first addons and would like a little more insight first :)

Will

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All the ones I have ever had have used double back tape
Me too, but I have seen a trend where manufacturers are going away from this and going more towards the in channel models..my dad just got them on his truck and they were all tapeless.. I might just have to make the trip to the dealership to find out a real answer since I cant find any nice retailers yet...

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, that would be a nice upgrade. The ones currently on my truck have come loose a bit and make a ton of road noise.
yep, i had the 3M tape ones on my old truck and the came off and it was real annoying, itd be nice to have ones that woudl stay put! I plan to pick up the window visors, sunroof visors, and the hood bugshield asap

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ok with the mopar bug deflector you have to hold it up in position and mark the four holes that are in the deflector on the bottom side of the hood. Then you will need a #6 (.204") drill bit and drill four holes appox. 1/8" (3 mm) deep. Then you can put your screws in to hold your new bug deflector on. The kit also comes with three rubber spacers to keep it off the paint.

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok with the mopar bug deflector you have to hold it up in position and mark the four holes that are in the deflector on the bottom side of the hood. Then you will need a #6 (.204") drill bit and drill four holes appox. 1/8" (3 mm) deep. Then you can put your screws in to hold your new bug deflector on. The kit also comes with three rubber spacers to keep it off the paint.
Awesome Thanks! Thats pretty standard for most hood vents - I feel much better w/ screws holding something onto my car then 3M tape :)

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.