Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I have a 2008 dodge nitro with the 3.7. It has 20” after market chrome Rims which are pretty much heavier then he’ll. And I think 🤔 I’m experiencing bump steer. When driving a hitting a small bump the suv gets thrown into one side of the road.

I’ve recently just replaced the steering rack with new tie rods. Had an alignment. Then installed Munroe front struts and read shocks. I have new control arms and ball joints for the front just haven’t installed yet. Now it feels as though the suv still has bump steer and even bounces a lot still while driving. What else could it be also while looking at the suv on the road it looks like I have negative camber.

check out my YouTube channel playlist for the work.

just seeing what direction to go to???

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,250 Posts
Hello everyone I have a 2008 dodge nitro with the 3.7. It has 20” after market chrome Rims which are pretty much heavier then he’ll. And I think 🤔 I’m experiencing bump steer. When driving a hitting a small bump the suv gets thrown into one side of the road.

I’ve recently just replaced the steering rack with new tie rods. Had an alignment. Then installed Munroe front struts and read shocks. I have new control arms and ball joints for the front just haven’t installed yet. Now it feels as though the suv still has bump steer and even bounces a lot still while driving. What else could it be also while looking at the suv on the road it looks like I have negative camber.

check out my YouTube channel playlist for the work.

just seeing what direction to go to???
Did you buy quick struts for the front OR just a shock replacement and reused old springs?
Did you have caster and camber adjusted when you had the alignment done? Most places will only do a “toe-n-go” and not even touch caster and camber. Also make sure the shop who does the alignment torques the LCA bolts to spec or else it will throw your alignment back off (been there, done that!).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I went to a different alignment shop and he first told me to buy new tires. So got that done and it fixed a lot of the bump steer and some bouncing. I just had them do the upper and lower control arms and realign. So bout to pick it up and see how it rides. Should be smooth as glass

1 - 3 of 3 Posts