Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
Looking to buy a SLT model very soon.
Been looking over the post and have yet to see anyone talking about MPG.
How close is anyone getting to what is posted on the window sticker?
I can put anywhere from 10 miles to 200 miles a day on a vehicle.
Is anyone having any problems with their Nitro that I should know about before I lay out the cash?
I am thankful for any help anyone can provide.

·
Registered
85 Posts
There is a thread on fuel milage of actual owners.

I have an SLT just added my highway milage calculations at 20.4 MPG

I'd suggest readin the thread yourself to see what others have to say.
As of now (Wednsday 13th), it is easy to find the thread on the NEW POSTS TAB.

Good Luck,
Frank

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up on the thread Boattech. I looked before I posted that question and couldn't find any.
I used to be a GM tech for a GM/Dodge dealership. I asked everyone there about the Nitro and they couldn't really answer any of my questions. Gonna take a look at the TSB's and any "employee eyes only" stuff in the next couple of days.
If I find anything worth posting I will update.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
CITY MPG
HIGHWAY MPG 24
Actual Mileage will vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits and vehicle's condition. Results reported to EPA indicate that the majority of vehicles with these estimates will achieve between 15 and 21mpg in the city,
and between20 and 28mpg on the highway.2007 NITRO 4WD
6 CYL, 3.7 L (226 CID),
MULTIPOINT FUEL INJECTION.
6-SPEED MANUAL TRANS.

CITY MPG
HIGHWAY MPG 23
Actual Mileage will vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits and vehicle's condition. Results reported to EPA indicate that the majority of vehicles with these estimates will achieve between 14 and 20mpg in the city,
and between19 and 27mpg on the highway.2007 NITRO 4WD
6 CYL, 3.7 L (226 CID),
MULTIPOINT FUEL INJECTION.
4-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANS.

For Comparison Shopping all vehicles declared as

have been issued mileage ratings ranging from 09 to 36 mpg city and 13 to 32 mpg highway.Estimated Annual Fuel Cost:
$ 2,091

(For Comparison Shopping all vehicles declared as

have been issued mileage ratings ranging from 09 to 36 mpg city and 13 to 32 mpg highway.Estimated Annual Fuel Cost:
$ 1,988 6-SPEED Manual)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Superman199,
I too Have fixed a lot of GM and Dodge engines but most all on boats.

You may find the crew here on Nitroforumz are for now as up to date and even ahead of many dealers at this point due to the fact that the dealers haven't seen enough of the product in their shop.

(No, I was not asked to, or Paid $ for, to say nice things about this forum)

Collectively we have the edge on them because of the focus and network capibilities of the members.

By the way, Welcome! :)
Frank

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome, there are a couple problems with some of the cars but it looks like they were the first ones made some where before november.It is just little stuff. When you look at the TSB's you will get a better idea the kind of probs.I havnet had any problems with mine an sxt 4x2 automatic.I put a lot of miles on my car...but the person who puts the most on as far as i know is nitrowill, and he hasnt had any problems.Guess it is just hit and miss

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
.but the person who puts the most on as far as i know is nitrowill, and he hasnt had any problems.Guess it is just hit and miss
I think you're mistaken, Ive only put just over 1000 miles on mine..theres several 2000+ milers on the forum..The only problem I had was the transmission 1-2 shift quality which was fixed w/ the TSB..other then that though its been smooth sailing..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gas milage.... :i_rolleyes: well I have only 200+ miles on mine..... the problem is that I'm having too much fun with the 6 speed.... and right now my right foot weighs about 50 lbs more than my left....... :D

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Gas milage.... :i_rolleyes: well I have only 200+ miles on mine..... the problem is that I'm having too much fun with the 6 speed.... and right now my right foot weighs about 50 lbs more than my left....... :D
except when your slammin that clutch down eh? :p I have the same problem on mine - averaged about ~15 street roddin it around town..but im trying to get better and my mileage has jumped up several points ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.